First Recurve Kill

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got it done this weekend! I picked up a 1953 Bear Tigercat at a flea market 2 years ago and started the trad journey. It was a long time coming getting my form, arrows, broadheads and set up all dialed in so that I was ready when this big guy walked out just after sunrise. I would have been unbelievably excited to take any legal deer but God decided to spoil me I guess.

I was definitely impressed with the performance of the NAP Thunderhead broadheads (hand sharpened) on a heavy arrow even with the light bow weight. It punched a big hole right through the shoulder and put him down in less than 100 yards. There was a surprisingly light blood trail considering the large hole and lung hit but the arrow did not fully pass through; I suspect it got caught on the far scapula.

Needless to say, I'm hooked on traditional archery!

received_691583955219693.jpegPXL_20221015_150316490.jpgPXL_20221015_224606818.PORTRAIT.jpg

2muchhp

WKR
That's a beauty!
The worst things about trad shooting is once you pick it up and start shooting its hard to put down.

Geewhiz

WKR
Wow, well done. Most don't realize the amount of practice it takes to become proficient and confident with traditional archery equipment. I killed me first (and only so far) big game animal with a recurve 2 years ago and am more proud of that than any other animal I have taken.

Btw great job on the pics, colors and sharpness are top notch!

OP
B

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, well done. Most don't realize the amount of practice it takes to become proficient and confident with traditional archery equipment. I killed me first (and only so far) big game animal with a recurve 2 years ago and am more proud of that than any other animal I have taken.

Btw great job on the pics, colors and sharpness are top notch!
Thanks but I have to give the photo credit to my buddy who has gotten super into photography recently so it's like hunting with a professional camera man!