First scouting trip for Washington

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am trying out a new area this September for the High Hunt, I know there is still too much snow to hike in but I thought Id at least see if I can find the trail head. It turned out to be a successful trip. Found my starting point as well as some game! Added fuel to the fire!

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

Not much of a Turkey hunter but thought it was cool!

IMG_1815.jpg

7mag.

Well Known Rokslider
Looks like you're getting a good jump on things Brock. Hopefully I'm not far behind.

7mag.

Well Known Rokslider
Yep sure am! Did you ever pick up that map I was telling you about?

Not yet. I need to order it. I've been really busy at work and trying to squeeze in workouts a few times a week. I am having some respiratory issues right now, and the doctor wants me to lay low on the cardio until I get some tests done today. I did load up my new pack with 40 pounds and go for an easy 2 mile hike the other day. Man, what a difference functional load lifters make!

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not yet. I need to order it. I've been really busy at work and trying to squeeze in workouts a few times a week. I am having some respiratory issues right now, and the doctor wants me to lay low on the cardio until I get some tests done today. I did load up my new pack with 40 pounds and go for an easy 2 mile hike the other day. Man, what a difference functional load lifters make!

Being busy at work definitely isn't a bad thing! Hopefully nothing to bad with the health. You can get that map at Work Sports & Outdoors if your by there anytime soon. And yea its amazing what a higher quality backpack will do for a guy.

7mag.

Well Known Rokslider
Turns out I have developed Asthma. I also have some left over junk in my lungs from walking pneumonia I had a few months ago. I'm just glad to get it diagnosed and get some meds for it so I can get back to training. I will go to Work Sports and pick up that map. I also need to download that area on to my GPS. Keep us posted on your scouting trips. I will too, as soon as I get up there.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Turns out I have developed Asthma. I also have some left over junk in my lungs from walking pneumonia I had a few months ago. I'm just glad to get it diagnosed and get some meds for it so I can get back to training. I will go to Work Sports and pick up that map. I also need to download that area on to my GPS. Keep us posted on your scouting trips. I will too, as soon as I get up there.

Well good they found it right? And will do on the scouting reports!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
HembreeJee