First season Colorado, affordable good stuff

Last time I went first season it was like 75-80 during the day and 10 at night but dry. I assume I need to prepare for the worst with full snow but what would you bring for a first season elk of your kit right now?

I’m not against some nice stuff, but I also don’t want to spend a boat load I don’t need. I have thermal base layer and super warm heavy eastern bibs/heavy coat. All my lightweight/fancy stuff in between no longer fits so I’m starting fresh.

Is there a single pant that should work over a wool base layer that would work for most anything? Maybe a merino mid weight and then a nice puffy? I will be at a base camp at night

sndmn11

WKR
A whole lot of orange and pink.

The catalyst foundry pants seem to hit a lot of points if you are not backpacking in. I am sure there are similar soft shell side vent fleece lined type pants from others.

OP
DangerRanger
Thanks, I’m willing to shell out for good stuff it’s truly gonna rock, I’ll just likely need to do only a few pieces.

Honyock

WKR
Blackovis Granite Peak pants have worked well for me. Watch Camofire and you can pick them up for around $60.