first shelter

ofl0926

WKR
hey whats up everyone.
so I am on the quest for my first shelter. I will be doing a hunt in Oregon on the coast this year. what kind of advice can you guys give me in the area? it will be for archery at the end of august into September. I imagine rain is possible along with warm days and cool nights. we will be backpacking in. it will be a shelter for myself and my gear. now I am use to a shelter with a floor. never used a floorless but I am open to them.

criteria
nothing heavy total weight with stakes and poles
easy to setup
will protect against the elements, stay dry
will protect against bugs

shelters that I am currently looking at. still open to more suggestions.
nemo dagger
kifaru tut (if I can find one)
big Agnes copper spur
seek outside silex or cimarron

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I got a SO Cimarron this year and used it for 7 days solo on a mnt goat hunt. It worked great.

Honestly- don’t think u need to spend that much $. I hunt the coast in OR every year and it rarely rains and is typically really warm. Any shelter would work fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Honestly- don’t think u need to spend that much $. I hunt the coast in OR every year and it rarely rains and is typically really warm. Any shelter would work fine...

Well that is good news
Do you have a recommendation?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cimarron a palace for one and good for two...easy pitch and very light with the light version...gets an a plus here.👍A8CCAC01-92F0-4A27-8C7D-0913EB4F1C59.jpegAAE647AD-DE11-49FA-8C70-58578D4A097B.jpeg3A5CA129-3E16-44B8-8E22-4C8E41F1C03D.jpeg4A2303FE-041E-4E6A-A3C8-B85CCE598256.jpeg

Yeah- I’ve owned the Cimarron, but the condensation and large area needed for a footprint were kind of annoying for me personally. They are well made though.

I’d check out Sixmoondesigns.com. Their Lunar duo or solo is going to be my next purchase

Also should clarify, that my opinion was for its use on the coast range. Worked fantastic in other flatter areas in Eastern OR

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Also should clarify, that my opinion was for its use on the coast range. Worked fantastic in other flatter areas in Eastern OR

I appreciate that
Yeah this will be used in the coastal range

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Yeah- I’ve owned the Cimarron, but the condensation and large area needed for a footprint were kind of annoying for me personally. They are well made though.

I’d check out Sixmoondesigns.com. Their Lunar duo or solo is going to be my next purchase

I’m digging that shelter