First Suppressor Questions: Anyone use the Trust Shop?

So, I've got another question on this journey to buy my first suppressor.

After doing research I believe I want to set up a trust to purchase my suppressor under. Has anyone used The Trust Shop? If so would you recommend using them? Are there better places to get a trust?

Any other advice or tips from those of you who have set up a trust for your suppressors is greatly appreciated too.

Thanks

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
You're a bit out of the way but I went with Westminster Arms when I set mine up in like 2014. They were pretty helpful if you would like to go be them a shout

Sadler

WKR
I didn’t go through trust shop but I bought my first suppressor from silencer shop last year and purchased their “Single Shot Trust” for $25 for my Thunderbeast. Extremely easy process through them. I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was. After you buy your suppressor, trust and tax stamp they have an app you can use to fill out all your Biographical info and to take the passport style photos for your trust/form4. And then on top of that, they have kiosks in gun shops all around the country where you can roll your prints and submit them that way instead of going into your local sheriffs office. Just pick which one ya want to use and they’ll send you a kiosk code. After you submit your prints, they email you a Docu-Sign form to sign your trust/form 4 for the ATF and then you’re done. They mail your $200 tax stamp in for you and everything. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot more paperwork and a lot harder than it was but it was pretty simple. If I was able to get my prints rolled the day I bought it, I could have finished the whole process in a day. Now I’m just waiting for my background check to clear and hopefully I’ll have it in October!

OP
RaggedHunter
I didn’t go through trust shop but I bought my first suppressor from silencer shop last year and purchased their “Single Shot Trust” for $25 for my Thunderbeast. Extremely easy process through them. I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was. After you buy your suppressor, trust and tax stamp they have an app you can use to fill out all your Biographical info and to take the passport style photos for your trust/form4. And then on top of that, they have kiosks in gun shops all around the country where you can roll your prints and submit them that way instead of going into your local sheriffs office. Just pick which one ya want to use and they’ll send you a kiosk code. After you submit your prints, they email you a Docu-Sign form to sign your trust/form 4 for the ATF and then you’re done. They mail your $200 tax stamp in for you and everything. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot more paperwork and a lot harder than it was but it was pretty simple. If I was able to get my prints rolled the day I bought it, I could have finished the whole process in a day. Now I’m just waiting for my background check to clear and hopefully I’ll have it in October!

I hadn't looked at that single shot trust. That seams like the way to go after looking into it. Thanks for the info.

wysongdog

WKR
I did this with my 22 sparrow. Was very painless. Headed to tbac next week to order another. Won’t be able to go this way since I’m going directly to tbac.

cmp224

FNG
I second going with silencer shop. I've bought several through them and it's always been easy. The wait is the only hard part

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I used this guy. An actual attorney you can call with questions relating to NFA and Non NFA firearms. I was very pleased with him and his cost vs the services provided. If you are just gonna do 1 can it may not be worth it but if you plan on having several cans with some SBRs mixed in this is a better idea.

Has been extremely easy to upload my trust docs to silencer shop but also other class 3 dealers that may carry different products that silencer shop doesn't. Like elevated silence.

What’s the object/ advantage to setting up a trust as opposed to buying one and submitting the appropriate documents?
I don’t understand.

colersu22

WKR
What’s the object/ advantage to setting up a trust as opposed to buying one and submitting the appropriate documents?
I don’t understand.

i has the same questionsince I have a buddy that set up a trust with his dad and don’t quote me but he made it seem like if his dad passed away with the trust he could legally posses the suppressors that are in the trust.

sram9102

WKR
i has the same questionsince I have a buddy that set up a trust with his dad and don’t quote me but he made it seem like if his dad passed away with the trust he could legally posses the suppressors that are in the trust.
This is correct. With a trust you can make it a completely painless process if you pass away for your family to possess your NFA items without a trust it's a legal nightmare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I used this guy. An actual attorney you can call with questions relating to NFA and Non NFA firearms. I was very pleased with him and his cost vs the services provided. If you are just gonna do 1 can it may not be worth it but if you plan on having several cans with some SBRs mixed in this is a better idea.

Has been extremely easy to upload my trust docs to silencer shop but also other class 3 dealers that may carry different products that silencer shop doesn't. Like elevated silence.

This is the route I will go. I dont live in Texas but after digging on his website he has a section that directed me to.

Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw