First Tent - Hilleberg, Kuiu, Slingfin

Rghunter2

FNG
Looking to get my first tent that will be used to hunt elk in colorado. This fall it will be used in September but it will also see some october use in the coming years. I prefer to buy good stuff on the front end. I will be hiking in 5-7 miles on average. I believe that i want a 2 man tent. The tents i am looking at are a used Hilleberg Nallo, new kuiu storm, slingfin crossbow or possibly the portal. The portal is likely a little light. The crossbow is identical to the stone glacier skyscraper but better materials. Buying the Hilleberg used would likely put all of these purchases close enough in cost to just purchase the one I want. I really had not looked at the Kuiu but when i did and read some reviews, it was pretty impressive. Not sure about the long term durability. I think the other two have better build quality. Not looking to go floorless and wont be packing a stove. Thanks in advance.

skierhs

WKR
I’d suggest the hillie. The nallo is a great tent for Colorado that I used for many years there. It’ll last you a long time and cuts the wind well if you are exposed. Having the walls go to the ground also made it a solid tent for later season hunts.