First Tent Purchase

I posted this under the wrong forum.

Ordered my first tent. I'm sure it will work for the way I get to hunt. I do not get to backpack in at all right now, but might be able to a couple of nights this upcoming season.

I typically go with my uncle and likes to stay at a cabin or has a big canvas tent to stay in. Last year, I took my parents for the first time and they are going again with us this year, so a cabin is the only way to go right now.

But for this year there is a place that I want to hunt that to hunt properly you have to backpack in, so this is my first tent purcahse:

Mountainsmith Morrison 3

http://mountainsmith.com/index.php/t...orrison-3.html

Comes in at 5 pounds 11 ounces. I know there are much lighter tents, but I like to have room and am willing to carry the extra weight for that purpose. Ended up getting it for $199.99. I am 5'10 175 and my uncle who will backpack in with me for a night or 2 is 6'1 260.

My next purchase will be a RevelationX quilt and then a sleeping pad.

jmez

WKR
Will work fine for what you need. If only camping a couple of nights weight won't be a big issue.

OP
J
This will be first time to pack in for me. I've stayed in the base camps and cabins before. I've also felt that has hindered me a little on going back as far as I want to go. But it's been worth the sacrifice since I get to go with my uncle and he's the one lending his elk experience.

jmez

WKR
Don't worry. You will be selling this stuff and buying all kinds of crap within a couple years!!!