First time Antelope

Me and my buddies want to go out west for the first time in 2021. We are looking for somewhere with great draw odds, public land, and can get buck and doe tags. Wyoming seems like the best option for us. Any input would be appreciated. I’ve been looking on Gohunt but would also like to hear some personal opinions.

manitou1

WKR
All the info you need is on the Fish and Game website. Do a little research in there and you can make an informed decision. Many of us have to go through the same process... sometimes annually to try and beat the draw odds. It takes a little studying, but that is half the fun. Regardless, no matter how much time you put into it, the last two years have been a crap shoot as to how and where to get drawn. Been crazy last couple of years. Pick an area with decent draw odds and apply, then pick another... and another. You get three choices. Chances are if you score on any of them, you will likely get a pronghorn if you spend the time and effort out there to kill one. If you eat tag soup, you will have had the satisfaction of going out after them, created some great memories and learning about the draw system, the habitat, and the animal. A win-win however you look at it!

Me and my buddies want to go out west for the first time in 2021. We are looking for somewhere with great draw odds, public land, and can get buck and doe tags. Wyoming seems like the best option for us. Any input would be appreciated. I’ve been looking on Gohunt but would also like to hear some personal opinions.

There are no longer any good draw odds for antelope anywhere.....for public, private, buck, or doe.

We've reached the tipping point where there are more outdoorsmen, than outdoors.

Sled

WKR
Find a place in eastern wyo that went under subscribed for doe lopes. Use their website and have a backup plan on private land in case there are no tags available.

There has been an increase in demand that changed the game.

JRMiller

WKR
Theres no where in Wyoming that will meet all four of your preferences at one time.
Even doetags are hard to get now( for non residents).
Some units still have decent odds at buck tags however they are low in public land.
Buy a point now to use for 2021

Gila

WKR
Used to be three tags every season. Residents always had tags. You don't know how good you have it until it's all gone. Now it's dog eat dog for a good draw.