First time co draw

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
This will be my first year to play the draw. I'm not really planning to get drawn should I just do the pp option or pick a unit that takes a lot of points?
Thanks

Craig4791

WKR
Put in for points only if you don't want to draw. Doesn't do you any good applying for a coveted tag in CO as its a pref point only system where tags go to the highest point holders.

Utah Transplant (after ~20 years in Colorado)
There are exceptions to what Craig4791 stated..... You didn't confirm the species that you want to apply for. If it's an OIL tag (Sheep, Goat, Moose), then you'll need a minimum of 3 preference points (unless the area is undersubscribed), and then on the 4th year, you have a chance at drawing a tag, regardless of whether you have max points.... Just something else to consider!

Slim Jim

WKR
I need to study CO rules and regs as well because I want to hunt muleys in the CO high country in the next year or two

Craig4791

WKR
I need to study CO rules and regs as well because I want to hunt muleys in the CO high country in the next year or two

Put in for a point this year. It only takes a couple points to hunt archery CO deer. Plus there are several units you can draw with no points.

Slim Jim

WKR
Put in for a point this year. It only takes a couple points to hunt archery CO deer. Plus there are several units you can draw with no points.
So which one should I do? Put in for a point or hunt one of the units with no points needed. Are those not so good units?

Craig4791

WKR
Personally I am building points. But you can build points and still hunt by using your second third or fourth choice to draw a tag with a larger quota.