First time Colorado OTC archery hunt

ddbow

FNG
Hey everyone! My first post but have been reading for some time! Be kind...lol. Me and a buddy will be OTC archery in a couple of weeks and I have a question. Not asking for anyone's hunting spot info. We'll be flying in and driving to our GMU and packing in a ways. May be a silly question but....where do you park? we will be on National Forest land but have no idea about parking. Thanks for any help with this question.

Gapmaster

WKR
If it’s a forest road, just park anywhere you want as long as you aren’t blocking a road/private access point. Any old pull off. You’ll see plenty.

11boo

WKR
Don't park in tall grass with a hot muffler for ***** sake.

legit advice. You will find plenty of parking spots without doing that. Fire danger is off the charts for now too. Weather is supposed to be coming in next week.

As others have stated forest service roads are usually easy to find pull offs to park. You should be fine parking anywhere but as stated above please watch what is under you car to not start another fire. Also if possible find a spot already used before which will be obvious. And i doubt you will but if you end up in alpine tundra don’t park anywhere on that those plants, grasses etc can take upwards of 100s of years to grow back. Also make sure you have your directions what forest roads you need to take etc before you leave town, service in the mountains can be non existent as I’m sure you know.