First time hunter, thanks to the forum for all the info and help!!

got out for my first time ever hunting yesterday was able to call in a bull to 25/30 yds unfortunately couldn’t get a clean shot but you wanna hook someone on elk hunting for life let them call in a screaming bull 2 hrs into their first ever hunt and that’ll do it.

Just wanted to say thanks to the people on here who took the time to answer my posts with all the newb questions I had all summer. A lot of it paid off and allowed me to have the encounter I did yesterday!! Thanks and good luck to everyone this fall, I’m in for life now haha.

Welcome to the club brother, congrats on the experience!
They will now and forever be the bane of your existence. you will lay awake at night thinking all the possible outcomes, the things that went wrong, the things that went right, how you could have done something different, better... etc. you will lose countless hours of work researching and reading articles/forums....and you will have it NO other way.

OP
M
Welcome to the club brother, congrats on the experience!
They will now and forever be the bane of your existence. you will lay awake at night thinking all the possible outcomes, the things that went wrong, the things that went right, how you could have done something different, better... etc. you will lose countless hours of work researching and reading articles/forums....and you will have it NO other way.
Oh ya I’ve already ran through that one encounter a million times thinking of how I could have gotten him to just take 5 more steps haha