First Time Mule Deer

I'm doing a mule deer hunt with my buddy this November in Wyoming. I hunted the same area last year for Antelope. Obviously I marked a few spots where I saw deer. So we have that to get a start with. I found antelope by driving and glassing, sneaking into some hills and glassing off vantage points across the prairie. We're both whitetail hunters, so we scout using our feet (thick cover). This area is alot of prairie with some trees depending where you are. It seems like glassing would be the ticket? How do you start picking apart big expanses or prairie? We mostly focus on edge habitat for whitetails, is there a similar thing that open country guys look for? I've read Robby's book, which seems to focus on cover and bedding as we would for whitetails. Would you be more interested in heavier cover that had lower densities of mulies and higher densities of whitetails? We're both more interested in mule deer.

Thanks

WCB

WKR
I've hunted eastern WY for deer a bunch and all over MT. Glassing beats driving for Mule Deer. They still use cover just a bit different than whitetails (traditionally). Obviously broken country and brushy draws are favorites. Heavy Sage covered country will hold mulies and they normally orientate towards some sort of terrain, a wash out, creek bottom, etc. Your theory on edge habitat works well for mulies as well. There are a bunch of books and theories but my philosophy is you find them where you find them.

Another example however is last year my buddy shot a nice mule deer buck up in the heavy timber...(could see mostly 50-60 yards) and I shot my Whitetail on the wide open prairie...sort of inverse of what you would normally think. Thats why I say you find them where you find them.