First timer, Used Pack Recommendations

Rocinante

FNG
Hey guys,

Need recommendations on what to look for on classified forums. Going on my first mule deer hunt in a unit where I’ll be backpacking in and camping about 5-7 days anywhere from 7-15 miles in I figure, and packing out meat. Would like it to be able to perform the same type of hunt for elk in the future as well. Figured I’d start here plus I need posts to be able to PM and post in classifieds.

An old Kifaru duplex 24” small belt with tahr bag and a timberline bag caught my eye on the forums, first hour looking at bags though.

There is a smoking deal on a Mystery Ranch Marshal in the classifieds ATM, I think it is $350 shipped. It is a $575 MSRP pack. A bit GIANT for my taste, but you don't have to fill it lol.

I have really only familiarized myself with MR, but the TerraFrame 50 and 65 look extremely versatile if you can find a good deal on either of those.

• Banned
OP
R

Rocinante

FNG
There is a smoking deal on a Mystery Ranch Marshal in the classifieds ATM, I think it is $350 shipped. It is a $575 MSRP pack. A bit GIANT for my taste, but you don't have to fill it lol.

I have really only familiarized myself with MR, but the TerraFrame 50 and 65 look extremely versatile if you can find a good deal on either of those.
Thank you for the heads up, I’m looking into the Marshall right now. Probably will take a day or two to do some research on bags before I really narrow it down. I had a hot spot a few years back from them and loved it.