"First Trip Out" with DT3.... Cargo panel or Grab-It??

Hey guys, I hauled my cargo panel around all year on my DT3 this year, the only time I used it was folded in half to carry my bow.... Just like a grab it. I did use it on just the frame a couple times as a hauler and it worked great. But this year i am trying to get my pack to weight a bit less... I think that going to a bikini and a grab it I would lose 2.25 pounds and not lose any functionality. (maybe)

My wife has the grab it and i was wondering if I should save 9 ounces and just carry a grab it? It seems like for the first load out (front quarter of elk or 1/2 etc..) I could separate the bag from the frame and use a grab it to support the weight at the bottom and the bag to hold it tight against my back like a cargo panel. Then drop the bag and just throw the cargo panel on for the heavy hauling to follow.

any pros/cons of the cargo panel vs the grab it for this type of use?

Joe

I would use the Grab-it. Although I have a Dt1 and I would pack meat inside the bag, I think the grab it would work better for your first trip, and if you want to go complete freighter after you get the first load out, swap it for the cargo panel.

weaver

WKR
Aron mentions a heavy load kit in the other thread made for this. Basically a small panel that goes between the frame and pack. Couldnt find it on kifarus website yet.

OP
S
It is on one of the videos, it looks like a neat idea, but i really like the idea of being able to stuff coats or my bow int he grab it. I may have to try one out. They cant be that expensive, even if they are kifaru haha.