First trip to AK, first caribou

Just got home from quite the adventure. 16 days flight to flight and ended up hiking and rafting 10 of those days. I'll do full write up when i get pictures off of the camera. For now, here is shot of my first caribou from the cell phone. We had quite the adventure.... driving the dalton highway itself was incredible, hiking and rafting countless miles, late nights w/ good buds by the campfire, saw a grizzly , got bluff charged by a sow w/ cubs, caught grayling and had fish tacos under the northern lights w/ fresh caribou steaks, saw many moose, muskox, lynx, dall sheep and ended the trip getting meat and antlers prepped for their flight home then soaked in the hot springs for a couple days........... Thanks to an incredible bunch of true sportsman on this forum for helping make this happen!!!

0904201509d_HDR_2.jpg

mcseal2

WKR
Congrats, sounds like quite a trip! I like the mass on that caribou too, hope I can find one like that in a few days.

AKBorn

WKR
Awesome! Great caribou, and sounds like an awesome adventure! One thing I love about caribou hunting is the potential opportunity to see all kinds of game animals. Look forward to your writeup!