First trip with the BT1

Well I received my BT1 last Thursday and when I opened the box it felt like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one! I had been to the shop and seen the packs but to finally have MINE in hand was really cool. After giving it a quick look over I loosened the straps and threw it on. After adjusting it I was really impressed with how close they get these things to fitting right out of the box.

First thing I did was pull the Longhunter Lid and got the Havalon out. It was nerve wracking at first but I cut off the lumbar belt and burnt the frayed edges, looks like they were never there. That was hard to do, cutting on a $900 pack after just pulling it out, but I would never use it anyway. I pulled out all my gear and started loading it up. I decided to go on a 2 night trip and do some shed hunting and put a few miles on the pack and see how it went.

I had about 38lbs in the pack, not real heavy, but enough to get a feeler. The comfort is unreal. I have owned several different packs throughout the years, Badlands, Jansenn"s Hardcore Pack, Sitka, Blacks Creek and a couple others. I couldn't believe how once the belt was tightened, the weight stayed on my hips, was balanced and didn't loosen up at all. Shoulder straps, very easy to grab and adjust, the pack moves with your body and almost floats there. Am sure with 100+ lbs in it would be a little different, but have no doubt that it will save alot of wear and tear on the body on a pack out. I am not telling you guys anything you don't already know, but until you put it on for the first time (first time Kifaru owners) you can't help but be really impressed with the workmanship, quality and how user friendly the packs are. I took my computer out to my cave and watched almost every Kifaru video about the packs and highly recommend it, they are full of info and help answer alot of questions.

Thanks to Aron, Angie and Kevin for all their help in getting this all together. I called Aron so many times whenever he saw the OR Area code he prob didn't want to answer it! Very, very helpful, the Kifaru customer service is first rate.I am sure I will be ordering some more "stuff" soon. Oh and the Kryptek Highlander--looks sooo cool in the woods. Sorry for rambling so long, just had to get it out. So all who are waiting, I waited for almost 5 months, you will NOT be disappointed.:cool:P1020554.jpgP1020556.jpg

Slim Jim

WKR
Very cool! My ship date is for tomorrow on my BT1. Hopefully I get an email this week. Thanks for the post, getting really pumped

Slim Jim

WKR
Just got my email notification!!
Hells yes I'm excited. Shipped exactly when they said. Props to Kifaru for great customer service