First Western Hunt

Tsmith96

FNG
Finally making the decision of trying a western hunt after years of wanting to go and having plans or people fall through/back out. I'm looking at doing a DIY OTC mule deer hunt somewhere. I'll most likely be solo and would prefer a rifle hunt. Anyone with any tips, advice, words of wisdom on states, gear, or anything at all please share. Coming from a background of turkey and deer hunting Pennsylvania and West Virginia, I am definitely stepping out of my comfort zone and knowledge base. I apologize for what I'm sure is a repetitive question and appreciate any help!

You're not the first with this question, and certainly won't be the last so here's a few to get you started. 👍

Rich M

WKR
Go and have fun. Your whitetail skills are a lot more than the mey guys will give credit to.

Find an area w deer and watch em early and late. They do bed and travel based on wind. They do feed in certain areas.

Expect company...

Badseed

WKR
California gets knocked for multiple reasons but there are some pretty impressive muleys here if you are willing and able to put the time and effort in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk