First Whitetail

drose

FNG
Got my 1st Whitetail (1st bow kill too)!! Out on a public land maintained food plot, right around last light. I'm still in process of accumulating hunting gear, but made a ground blind set up. Shot about 30-35 yrds (dont have a rangefinder yet - just ordered one!)
Shooting a 1026 PSE Premonition HD ~63 lbs, arrow 440 grains, Magnus Black hornet
Perfect broadside position, pass through liver shot. Ran about 300 yards from shot location. Roller coaster of emotions, that's for sure! Luckily, had a co-worker who was generous to devote some time to help me find the buck. He showed me how to track blood and think about where an injured deer might go. Then taught me how to field dress and identify the good cuts of meat. Awesome experience. I was devoted before hand, but now I'm HOOKED! Ready to get the next deer in the freezer.

Thank you to those who have helped me on this forum, so much good information to sift through.133739133740

Broomd

WKR
Great stuff and buck right there. No doubt some nervous moments with that 300 yd tracking job.
Congrats on a great bow kill and kudos to your friend for mentoring you!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations on a great start down the bow hunting path.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Great work. I love Bowhunting public land from the ground. I hardly ever get in a stand anymore.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
I know very few hunters who have killed a public land whitetail from the ground with a bow. Good job! Congratulations!