• The forum is under construction. Thanks for your patience

First Winter Project, Bino Carrier

This one's been on my "list of things to do" for while. There's a crooked stitch or two, but for me, it's pretty dang good. Now I just need to order some more webbing to finish the harness.

Outer fabric is 500d cordura left over from the pack I built, inner liner is some car headliner foam backed fabric I got on a really good sale at Joann's, and side pouches are durastretch. I sandwiched a piece of thin closed cell foam between the cordura and the liner to make it more rigid. I wasn't sure the singer 501 could handle all that but it did pretty good.

case 3.jpg case.jpg case 2.jpg

OP
OP
M
Thank you, and as for making on for your kid, go for it! Some of my most treasured possessions are things my dad made me when I was young.

OP
OP
M
Thanks for all the kind words, I've found that when I keep things simple, I'm much happier in the end.

JesseTac, just going from memory, I'm pretty sure I got the cordura from rockywoods, both the ranger green and the coyote. The durastretch was from owfinc, it matches a lot better than the picture shows. The car headliner fabric I used for the liner was from Joanns (I like it, but it was a pain), the foam spacers were from the craft section at wal-mart. I'm pretty sure that is correct, but it has been a while since I ordered my fabric, it was left over from a pack and frame I built last winter.

You can source pretty much everything from either rockywoods, or owfinc, depending on the colors you want. They had different things on sale when I was looking and the savings offset the shipping.