First Wolf Kill of Livestock in Colorado

Here we go. The tip of the iceberg. Managing them especially with politics based regulations is like trying to get rid of mice in a barn. Good luck Colorado. I feel bad for the elk who have never lived in the presence of such a predator.

cnelk

WKR
Old, seven day news already...

Pro Wolf people want the ranchers to hire 'fence riders' to patrol their land to prevent wolf from killing animals

As usual, they dont have a grasp with reality

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
This negative feedback loop will escalate quickly. Wolves eat elk > elk population declines > less elk means fewer hunters > less tag revenue for CPW + wolves eat livestock > CPW has to reimburse ranchers.

Revenue goes down and expenses go up.

Three decades from now, the kids of these urban yuppies who voted for wolf reintroduction will be trying to figure out how to save the elk without killing wolves or raising revenue from hunting.

Last edited:

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
CPW needs to say “they’re already here naturally, we aren’t going to unnaturally introduce anything. Oh and if they kill cattle they’ll get shot on the spot. I know, far fetched but it is Christmas. Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen!
I live in FL and have never understood why they would re-introduce a predator unless there were an overabundance of a specific species (i.e. deer in a state that has a lot of deer strikes while driving). To me it's like a solution looking for a problem.

From my point of view (down here in sunny SW FL) were it a wolf preying on my cattle, I would shoot it and drop it off at the Train Station - or a 6' hole and apply the castle doctrine.

BuzzH

WKR
Right....cherry picked data every year since wolf reintroduction tracked by aphis. You know, government hunters biasing their data.

🤡