First Wolf Kill of Livestock in Colorado

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Yes my guess is you boys will get Range Riders ,thats what their called here . What poeple dont get is its either a share crop deal producer pays part govt. pays part or grant deal where govt. pays all with certian rules .either way its a good way for a cowboy to make some money ,a good way for a producer to waste some money and a good way for govt. to bs you about all their doing while your tax dollar is paying their wage . Yes Im a cattle producer and yes we have wolves . Dogs are easy to control no matter what study you read

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know if this is pertinent or not but I would not believe 1 thing in the wash. wolf plan .To many $ to be had . Side note our elk fetuses are about half the size as normal ,just what ive seen with our small herd around here .

Donjuan

WKR
This seems like an opportunity for hunters and ranchers to unite on something and benefit everyone.
What I mean is hunters need to petition to allow the hunting of wolves and help the ranchers. By doing so, we might open up more access.
I could see a rancher letting you hunt if you killed a wolf. There is a reason they were eradicated and had a bounty on them.

But who am I kidding...certain organizations with liberal ties whose leaders post bs Google info on here want cattle gone and we will just complain about point creep and overcrowded OTC units

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Its a good idea ,but would be hard to get it any traction . To many politics , to much money to be made .

sneaky

"DADDY"
Here's another one that Colorado won't have to worry about.
6dcb83c11b2fe28a87a14db194c629c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Operator

Lil-Rokslider
I suppose the data needs to take into account wolf to domestic dog ratio, if it was a one to one ratio I am guessing the wolf would have more kills as the dogs are fed at home unlikely the wolves are.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good job...Buzz says you have to kill 5 cats now cause they're far more damaging than wolves...wolves don't hurt anything by the numbers...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Buzz has one less friend in Idaho now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You should worry more about lions than wolves.

I worry about both.

I live in WA state and hunting is screwed here. We can’t hunt lions with hounds any longer and now we have wolves that we can’t manage. Ungulates are declining rapidly much to the smiles of all antihunters in the state. They will get to crush recreational hunting but they aren’t going to be able to see many elk/deer/moose in the wild.

And IMHO I still think wolves kill more per capita than dogs. Wolf kills divided by total wolves is greater than domestic dog kills divided by total domestic dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sykes

WKR
That dog belonged to a friend of mine, not far from my place. At a minimum the CPW better allow us to haze these wolves, we cant wait for an officer to arrive. Right now they have no fear of man. Shit they killed that dog in his yard! And the people that voted for the wolves could give a shit less about the loss of that dog and the effect on the family. Carlos put this on his Facebook Resized_Screenshot_20220111-140440_Instagram.jpeg

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I worry about both.

I live in WA state and hunting is screwed here. We can’t hunt lions with hounds any longer and now we have wolves that we can’t manage. Ungulates are declining rapidly much to the smiles of all antihunters in the state. They will get to crush recreational hunting but they aren’t going to be able to see many elk/deer/moose in the wild.

And IMHO I still think wolves kill more per capita than dogs. Wolf kills divided by total wolves is greater than domestic dog kills divided by total domestic dogs.

Unfortunately I think Washington is the poster child for what the anti hunters want to do with predator protection and predator introduction. I live close enough and have friends there so I have watched their plan unfold over there for last 20 plus years, it’s sickening but if anyone doubts the motivation of predator lovers, they just need to look at what they have done (destroyed) in Washington thus far

Yeah it is bad. Probably the biggest single reason why Idaho has had to change their nonresident elk tag process.