First Wolf Kill of Livestock in Colorado

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, and neither you or I vote in Colorado. LOL

Your view toward predators is very dated. Popular still, but dated.
Colorado is just a symptom of a bigger agenda and they have been spewing the same lies in Idaho for almost 30 year. It’s hard to watch a little over half of Co residents buy the lies. Fortunately we haven’t had enough dipshits move here yet so there initiatives go nowhere in Idaho. If you haven’t had the displeasure of voting or dealing with these antis in your state yet it’s just a matter of YET. I would love to have you explain the “updated “ view of predator management. I like having wolves and lions as long as we manage them through hunting. I’m good on this but some people have contempt prior to investigation when it comes to viewpoints on wolves and other large predators. Sound familiar ? I don’t suffer from that so please explain the “updated “view on predators and how that works within the NA model and what that looks like for hunters in the future. I’m willing to listen but can’t see how we end up with surplus ungulates with and abundance of predators. How do we justify tags when ungulates are eventually underpopulated? Here’s my outdated view. Wolves eat elk and deer. They are good at it. What am I missing with my outdated views?

OP
Indian Summer
NewTS answer his question please. I’m very interested to learn about the updated “view” toward predators.

But first I’d like to ask … is a view different than facts? Is this about the facts, you know actual numbers, or about a view which is nothing more than an opinion based on everything but facts? Cmon dude man up and answer his question.

Sykes

WKR
The wolves got another cow out of the same herd the first one was killed in. The rancher put it on Facebook, I dont have Facebook so cant share the link. They didn't kill her, tore her up real bad and left. They have found easy prey, gunna be hard to stop them now

The wolves got another cow out of the same herd the first one was killed in. The rancher put it on Facebook, I dont have Facebook so cant share the link. They didn't kill her, tore her up real bad and left. They have found easy prey, gunna be hard to stop them now
Dang. Well from the stupid ass democrats view “that’s part of living in the country side.” Or the wolves got to eat too.

That’s their response
It’s hard to reason with clowns

Yea, and neither you or I vote in Colorado. LOL

Your view toward predators is very dated. Popular still, but dated.
So is your “updated” view toward predators that hunters have no role in predator management and predator hunting should be banned? You may not vote in CO but portraying yourself as an expert and voicing your support for wolf reintroduction and a lion hunting ban may actually convince some CO residents on this forum that these initiatives are of no concern to them.

So is your “updated” view toward predators that hunters have no role in predator management and predator hunting should be banned? You may not vote in CO but portraying yourself as an expert and voicing your support for wolf reintroduction and a lion hunting ban may actually convince some CO residents on this forum that these initiatives are of no concern to them.
Never claimed to be an expert and never said anything of the sort. Nice try though.

And like Trap, if you think all the bloviating here to this audience is making a difference, you're kidding yourself.

Never claimed to be an expert and never said anything of the sort. Nice try though.

And like Trap, if you think all the bloviating here to this audience is making a difference, you're kidding yourself.
Ok now I am totally confused but anyways.

I disagree, I think that despite all the “bloviating”, many hunters are able to stay informed, spread the word, and get involved with issues pertaining to hunting and wildlife conservation through forums just like this one. I believe that might actually make a difference.

OP
Indian Summer

Cmon man address my post please. Enlighten us with your wise words…

Ok now I am totally confused but anyways.

I disagree, I think that despite all the “bloviating”, many hunters are able to stay informed, spread the word, and get involved with issues pertaining to hunting and wildlife conservation through forums just like this one. I believe that might actually make a difference.
You actually think there are members here who would have voted for reintroduction? Call me naive but I don't. I think most of this is just people going off in a safe space to make themselves feel better. Shaking their fists at the sky because there are things going on out of their control. It's human nature I guess.

I may not know much but i know for a fact that i have seen discussions of issues like the topic at hand and petitions posted on this site that i would've absolutely not seen otherwise, since i dont watch the mainstream news or have other social media. I also know i have personally informed and/or changed the views of many non hunters in my life that also had no idea this crap was happening, or the implications, and converted them over to our side, some of which were able to vote on said issues and some just supported petitions or donated to help out however they could. I would not call that shaking fists at the sky. The things on this site can have an impact far beyond those on the site already. Maybe some you have no contact or influence with people that dont hunt, arent informed or on our side of these fights already but surely many of us do, and we need all the help we can get to fight back and we also need to stick together

You actually think there are members here who would have voted for reintroduction? Call me naive but I don't. I think most of this is just people going off in a safe space to make themselves feel better. Shaking their fists at the sky because there are things going on out of their control. It's human nature I guess.
Maybe. Is there some shaking fists at the sky? Sure. Does it seem like an echo chamber at times? Sure. But I can tell you with certainty that many of the threads on this forum have compelled me (and probably others) to write emails, make phone calls, donate to causes, and attend public meetings; all to protect this hunting tradition that we love. But please continue to castigate everyone as just bitter folks who won’t make difference.

Maybe. Is there some shaking fists at the sky? Sure. Does it seem like an echo chamber at times? Sure. But I can tell you with certainty that many of the threads on this forum have compelled me (and probably others) to write emails, make phone calls, donate to causes, and attend public meetings; all to protect this hunting tradition that we love. But please continue to castigate everyone as just bitter folks who won’t make difference.
If we all adopt his mindset on this we are totally screwed lol

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I shook my fist at the sky some more today and got a portland democrat that works for the government to sign the 3 howl predator petitions after a lengthy chat. But i guess it makes no difference? haha 🤷‍♂️
Nice job 👍 I have run into quite a few hunters that thought an abundance of wolves were no big deal. Very few of them actually lived around large areas of wolves but many did change their minds when shown FACTS. They get bombarded with liberal talking points constantly and a few just need some facts or a number of years hunting where there’s lots of wolves. We aren’t wasting our time pointing out facts to fellow hunters. Everyone has had different levels of exposure to predators and even well meaning hunters can buy the garbage antis are pushing as “science .” Some won’t ever change their position because they are too dug in with a certain political ideology. Some just can’t ever consider the fact that maybe they were wrong . Keep fighting the good fight 👍

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Now Colorado you're really f**ked...Federal Judge in California re-lists wolves under endangered species act...better kiss your elk hunting goodbye. Fine starts at $100k for illegal killing of wolves....even the ranchers can't kill them now without the government holding your hand. Good Luck!!!! If you live in Colorado...you may want to consider hiring BuzzH as he is an expert on keeping your elk safe...I'm sure he can provide you with some Buzz logic and it may save you in the long run...