First Wy antelope hint

rcleofly

FNG
I’ve used both. It really comes down to person preference. I like having a gun mounted bipod that will extend long enough to be able to shoot while sitting down or kneeling.

Depending on the height of the vegetation either will work, me I have bi-pods on both the rifles I hunted antelope with but more than likely find myself using my backpack for a rest shooting in a prone position, the bi-pods are nice to use when glassing to keep your rifle off the ground.

Rich M

WKR
You can always use the bipods on top of your pack.

Id be ready for bipods or shooting from sitting. Elbows on knees, gun in stick. Solid as a rock.

EdP

WKR
A deer cart and the hitch mounted gambrell mentioned previously, especially if you cannot drive up to the kill site. Shoot, field dress, go get your cart. Bring a couple of ice bags back on the cart. Put them in the body cavity once the antelope is on the cart. Once back at the truck break it down and put it on ice. The meat is terrific if handled properly.

If you have to crawl you WILL get stickers in you. I was still finding and pulling them the following morning.

Don't drag and antelope like a deer if you want a mount. The hair comes out very easily.

Get on your feet and out of sight of the road and your hunt will be a lot more fun.

Antelope are by far my favorite animal to stalk. Stay out of sight and you will have the overwhelming advantage. I have never played the wind or worried about noise with lopes and it has never seemed to matter. Regardless of how flat the land looks, there is ALWAYS something to hide behind. Also - Stock up on some A1 sauce.