First Wyoming Buck Hunt

chaza402

FNG
Happy New Years Folks!!
This is the year my Dad and I are taking some time off our annual elk hunt in CO to start enjoying some of the perks of applying in other states. This coming season we are looking to draw a good Antelope rifle unit in WY then head down to CO and burn our pts there. I have 6pts and he as 5 for WY. Does anyone have any info they might like to share. I've got a couple in mind but some of them are a bit technical and my dad is getting up in age and not getting around too well.
I am also a little worried with the application process and how many tags are available for a couple of units I want. Don't want to loose out and not draw. We are looking for a fun time, not a trophy. We both are green when it comes to chasing bucks.
Anyway shoot me a pm or through it out into the stratosphere. Thanks for any help what so ever

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
For the most part in WY a unit is more or less worth the points it takes to draw. There aren’t any secrets.

Tag allocations come out the end of April. You may want to check on that before making a decision. If you’re really concerned about drawing I’d account for about one point of creep. Historically it’s generally been less than one point though. Good luck.