First year Archery Antelope

TCoufal85

FNG
This is going to be my first year going after Antelope with my bow. What pointers do you guys have? I did hunt with a Muzzleloader last year and Im fairly confident I would have been able to fill my tag if not for my back going out! Trying to shorten the learning curve and hopefully bring home a respectable buck this fall before heading up to the hills for Elk!

WCB

WKR
Extend your effective range....don't let them see you. If you are stalking them I try to go after every goat that has even the slightest chance of getting up on. I find it is a numbers game and eventually one will pan out. That about covers it. Keep it simple.

If using spot and stalk, Stalk as often as you can but don't blow them out. Scout for goats and terrain features that allow stalking. It is a #'s game and you are going to blow stalks so use them as learning experiences. If hunting a waterhole, find a sauna and start sitting in it ana call it training.

Legend

WKR
Keep it inside 50yds and show some respect to the cool critter they are. Antelope are a fun challenge but definitely not impossible. No need to throw long range rainbows if you wait for the right opportunity and you have a little skill at hunting.