First year pup's success

ianpadron

WKR
I added a Brittany, Boone, to the team this season, and at 10 months old he is straight up killing it. Shot our first WA state limit of roosters together last weekend. Stoke level was off the charts.

I refer to my golden and him as Thunder 'n Lightning due to their hunting styles. Big ranging pointer and a sledgehammer of a flushing dog.

So much fun it should be illegal.

Everyone loves pics of birds/dogs/guns...

20211017_171938.jpg

20220109_131010.jpg20220109_131115.jpgScreenshot_20220109-142935_Gallery.jpg

Buck197

WKR
Best dog I've ever had was a Brittany, a Microdot bred. I actually was on the phone with a breeder and trainer tonight and think I'm going to take the plunge again..20 something years later, kinda stoked. Great job, beautiful dogs. You gotcha a bird finding machine looks like.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Best dog I've ever had was a Brittany, a Microdot bred. I actually was on the phone with a breeder and trainer tonight and think I'm going to take the plunge again..20 something years later, kinda stoked. Great job, beautiful dogs. You gotcha a bird finding machine looks like.
I could talk your ears off about how great he is. Same with the Golden though!

Best advice I was given regarding the Britt is to prioritize wild bird contacts over all else in year 1.

That's exactly what we did, and the results have been spectacular. They are so dang smart and deceptively athletic.

Boone has hit 40 miles on his GPS collar in 1 day TWICE and 30 miles over a dozen times. You'd never know watching him hunt the last hour of the day though, all business.

You can't go wrong with a well bred Brittany, best of luck with your future best bud!

Buck197

WKR
I could talk your ears off about how great he is. Same with the Golden though!

Best advice I was given regarding the Britt is to prioritize wild bird contacts over all else in year 1.

That's exactly what we did, and the results have been spectacular. They are so dang smart and deceptively athletic.

Boone has hit 40 miles on his GPS collar in 1 day TWICE and 30 miles over a dozen times. You'd never know watching him hunt the last hour of the day though, all business.

You can't go wrong with a well bred Brittany, best of luck with your future best bud!
Sounds like you have 1 he'll of a team there. What kennel did your Britt come out of if I may ask? Never hurts for me to peak elsewhere a bit..

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Sounds like you have 1 he'll of a team there. What kennel did your Britt come out of if I may ask? Never hurts for me to peak elsewhere a bit..
He's out of Lacey Mountain in Republic WA. Really small and I think Barbara is winding down into true retirement.

We were also on lists for Battle Born Britts in Sparks, NV and Sunburst Britts in ID. Simply came down to who was going to have a litter first, as the lines were stellar out of all 3.

Sunburst and Battle Born put out some pretty incredible chukar dogs, and man are they lookers!

Buck197

WKR
Are you from Republic. I know someone from there. I'm going to look them up if all else just to look

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Good looking dogs! Goldens and brittanys are my two favorite breeds. Where did you get your golden? He looks a whole lot like mine from a Minoggie x Semper breeding.

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Good looking dogs! Goldens and brittanys are my two favorite breeds. Where did you get your golden? He looks a whole lot like mine from a Minoggie x Semper breeding.
Wow incredible eye! The Semper males certainly have "the look" don't they?

Super Cooper is a SkyRiver dog out of Kittitas WA.

Mulligan x Fendi

Mulligan is indeed a Semper Lee Herskowitz stud.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Wow incredible eye! The Semper males certainly have "the look" don't they?

Super Cooper is a SkyRiver dog out of Kittitas WA.

Mulligan x Fendi

Mulligan is indeed a Semper Lee Herskowitz stud.
Ha! Very cool. My golden is from a Mulligan x Q-Tip breeding in 2017. He's a great dog with incredible drive. Here he is at 2 years old, though he's jowled out and filled out a little bit since then.

If I ever move to the east side of the mountains permanently I'll have a Brittany to go with.
otterlimit.jpg

Last edited:
OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
Ha! Very cool. My golden is from a Mulligan x Q-Tip breeding in 2017. He's a great dog with incredible drive. Here he is at 2 years old, though he's jowled out and filled out a little bit since then.

If I ever move to the east side of the mountains permanently I'll have a Brittany to go with.
View attachment 371203
That's a good lookin' boy right there. He and Coop are the same age. Coop will be 5 next week.

The one-two punch of a golden and brittany is a straight up unfair advantage, you've got the right idea!

We are moving from Snohomish, WA to MT next month, hit me up if you're ever in the area and we can let the Golden boys loose on some phez and ducks in the Flathead.