First year Wyoming hunt

andyfier

FNG
My cousins and I have been buying points for 5 years now and we finally have decided to use them. We are looking at unit 52 type 2 tags good for south of north spring creek. Seems like we should be able to draw easily with 5 points. Been looking at base maps trying to figure out some of the roads and access in the area. There’s a few sections in the BLM that are marked state of Wyoming office of land and investments, is this area open for public hunting? If any one has any insight on the roads or access in the area, or has hunted here and wants to share their experience I would sure appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntertx

FNG
Interested in this hunt as well. Crazy how points required to draw jumped last year

OP
andyfier

andyfier

FNG
Yeah 5 points seemed like a lot until I started looking at gohunt.

Greenbar

FNG
Yup...5 points is a good start. But it doesn’t even come close to giving free choice of units. Point creep is a bugger!

OP
andyfier

andyfier

FNG
Yup...5 points is a good start. But it doesn’t even come close to giving free choice of units. Point creep is a bugger!

It sure is. 5 years ago we dreamed of having 5 points. Now here we are wishing for 5 more

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
Holy smokes! I just bought my first point last year and had no idea the point situation was that deep. Be glad you have 5....not just 1.

wytx

WKR
While point creep will not slow down I fear for you all, perhaps we'll get some favorable conditions soon for populations to rebound a bit from some brutal winters. That could lead to more licenses being issued and help with odds a bit.
Don't give up hope with those low PP totals, and someone has to draw the random tags.