Firstlite pants sizing

Cmirly

FNG
I am going to be buying a pair of firstlite obsidian pants and trying to figure out sizing. I have found that some people say they fit big? Is this true? I'm 5'8 with an inseam of 30" and 31-32" waist. Any help would be awesome! Thanks

I am a fan of some firstlite stuff. Not a fan of these pants, They dont hold up well to brush and such. IMHO

OP
C

Cmirly

FNG
I am a fan of some firstlite stuff. Not a fan of these pants, They dont hold up well to brush and such. IMHO
Good to know. The area where I'm going to be hunting should be pretty open and not a ton of brush to be busting through or anything like that. I really what the wool for keeping cool and all of the other benefits of it.

Superdoo

WKR
Most comfortable pants I've ever owned! I'm 6'2" 180 lbs. and the Medium Talls are perfect!
My "normal" pant size is 32W x 35

Last edited:
OP
C

Cmirly

FNG
I bought the wick shirt and kiln quarterzip Hoodie and they are crazy comfy so i can only imagine what the pants would feel like. I was thinking I was going to want a medium but now I'm kinda thinking I should probably get smalls...

Good to know. The area where I'm going to be hunting should be pretty open and not a ton of brush to be busting through or anything like that. I really what the wool for keeping cool and all of the other benefits of it.
If you pay some attention should be fine, The wool does hold warmth better when wet. Which can be huge when shtf.

I have switched to the guide pants. I wear sitka ascent in early sept and the guide pants later. Just what has worked best for me the last couple years.

I bought the wick shirt and kiln quarterzip Hoodie and they are crazy comfy so i can only imagine what the pants would feel like. I was thinking I was going to want a medium but now I'm kinda thinking I should probably get smalls...
I would bet small for sure.

That kiln hoodie is my favorite piece of gear all time.

Not trying to muddy the water. However, the black ovis pants are a great value. Can get them on camo fire for a great price. My only complaint is the side pockets. Firstlite nailed the pockets

Laned

WKR
I am going to be buying a pair of firstlite obsidian pants and trying to figure out sizing. I have found that some people say they fit big? Is this true? I'm 5'8 with an inseam of 30" and 31-32" waist. Any help would be awesome! Thanks
I have the same inseam and waist, and I wear a medium in the obsidian with a belt. Fits fine without a belt, just prefer it. It's a great pant, love the wool. Handles a wide range of temps, quiet, and doesn't get stinky. No DWR though. It was my go-to pant until recently. But, I just destroyed mine on my last day of archery season. Took off my gaiters at the end of the day and walked right into a sharp stick. Totally my fault though. I do have to say that the ripstop does help mitigate the size of the tear. I would also say that if your thighs rub together, you're going to put holes in the pants in about 10-15 days of use. These pants are made for guys with a thigh gap. Lol. I've called FirstLite to see if they would update it with some more durable material through the crotch and backside, but not gaining any traction. So, long story short, great pant, just could use a little update to be more versatile.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cmirly

FNG
I have the same inseam and waist, and I wear a medium in the obsidian with a belt. Fits fine without a belt, just prefer it. It's a great pant, love the wool. Handles a wide range of temps, quiet, and doesn't get stinky. No DWR though. It was my go-to pant until recently. But, I just destroyed mine on my last day of archery season. Took off my gaiters at the end of the day and walked right into a sharp stick. Totally my fault though. I do have to say that the ripstop does help mitigate the size of the tear. I would also say that if your thighs rub together, you're going to put holes in the pants in about 10-15 days of use. These pants are made for guys with a thigh gap. Lol. I've called FirstLite to see if they would update it with some more durable material through the crotch and backside, but not gaining any traction. So, long story short, great pant, just could use a little update to be more versatile.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk
Awesome info and help! Unfortunately my thighs do rub so we will see how that goes... im excited to try them for sure

I think they are a bit roomy through the legs, but super comfy. 6ft, 220, 34 waist and went with large which is the best size for me.