FirstLite Puffy and Rain jacket Video Review...

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at pulling the trigger on another jacket. However, before I do, does anyone know what the puffy might cost?

OP
HellsCanyon
Bringing this thread back up to the top. Last thursday I met a few buddies to do some shooting. Well one friend was late and then it started to snow so instead of shooting early in nice weather, we were going to get wet. Instead of wearing the Firstlite rain jacket, I thought "Hell, good time to see how the puffy holds up to moisture"...

It was about 35-40*, very little wind, and LOTS of big fat WET snowflakes... We were shooting prone off bipods and while I was shooting off my mat, it was completely covered in wet snow/water.

The jacket performed about as expected. It kept me warm, and for the 2 hours we were shooting, it never soaked through. It has a pretty decent DWR on it, but the areas of the jacket that are more "brushed" fabric held the moisture more so than the "slick" fabric materials. The insulation was definitely wet by the time we were done shooting. Though it dried out in a hurry once we got back in the house and I got the jacket spread out hanging on a coat rack. Within 30 minutes or so it was probably 75-80% dry and never lost it's insulating capabilities. I put it back on once I left for the drive home.

Once again I'm impressed with the jacket. I wouldn't wear it in those conditions hunting for extended period of time. No way as it will soak through and those conditions are about as bad as it gets for wet weather (cold enough to snow, warm enough to melt, and LOTS of snow... laying on the jacket while shooting...etc) minus some wind.

Mike