FIRSTLITE

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That is correct.

Man it’s tough to say. I’ve never tree stand hunted with them.

I have done a lot of sitting and glassing with them on. I was getting chilly in them with the kiln bottoms underneath a few days ago as the sun was going down and I was glassing for coyotes. It was in the low 40s with about 8 mph of wind.

If I was going to stay in those temps for much longer I’d want the furnace bottoms or throw some puffy pants on over them. Obviously that wouldn’t work for whitetails.

For spot and stalk these are my go to set ups....

If it’s in the 30s and 40s my go to bottom set up is the Kiln base layer with the catalyst pants. 40s and 50s it’s Fuse or Kiln bottoms with the obsidians. 60s to 90s I’ll run the obsidians with no base layer, just merino boxers.

How low of temps can you wear the Obsidians with a warm baselayer?

I’ve worn this combo down to almost freezing with little to no wind. But I wouldn’t sit comfortably very long that way as the insulation isn’t there.

You really want something lofty with insulation and some wind barrier the closer you get to freezing for sits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sammymusi

WKR
Llano, kiln hoodie , sawtooth jacket for most of the season then when it got colder I added the Woodbury. I only have the catalyst pants but with proper layering I could get away with them until it was in the low teens.

Get the Sanctuary Set, at least the bibs. Solitude might work if you like lots of layers. At twenty degrees and windy, you will need a lot of layering with solitude as they are not windproof. Carry the sanctuary in or walked bibs unzipped.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Get the Sanctuary Set, at least the bibs. Solitude might work if you like lots of layers. At twenty degrees and windy, you will need a lot of layering with solitude as they are not windproof. Carry the sanctuary in or walked bibs unzipped.

Here are the pieces I actually used - northern MN. Highest temp was 40ish, lowest was -10.

Basic set:
Furnace Base Layers
Obsidian Merino Pants (Would replace with Catalyst now, but didn't have at the time)
Sanctuary Bibs
Halstead Fleece
Uncompahgre
Sitka Jetstream Jacket
Sanctuary Jacket
Tundra Balaclava
Merino Tag Cuff Beanie

Upper:
I started with Furnace base. Added uncompahgre. If still a bit chilled, put halstead under the uncompahgre. If there was wind, would ditch the halstead and wear uncompahgre under the sitka jetstream. Only on the day at -10 did I wear the furnace, halstead, sanctuary jacket. No puffy that day.

Lower:
Furnase and Obsidian for the walk. Put Sanctuary on at the stand and climbed in. I did a few shorter walks with the Sanctuary already on but unzipped.

Misc:
-Talus touch fingerless
-Grizzly Mitts as needed (didn't use them much. Had pockets and a hand muff)
-Darn Tough Socks

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I have the sanctuary set, Woodbury jacket and solitude bibs. Both great suits. Sanctuary for anything below 30 on all day sits. The woodbury is my favorite jacket I have owned. Layer or two and you can wear in a range of different temps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk