Fishing and Packing Heat

Bbear

FNG
Pretty much one of two: Model 19 S&W 6" or Model 57 6". Mainly up in Idaho some Montana. Used to be bears is all I worried about where I hiked. Now I add in wolves.

Mac7

WKR
Lcp 380 somewhere on me or in fishing pack/vest. Mostly trout fishing rivers in here in Idaho. Haven't caught anything I've had to shoot yet. But like having it with me just in case.

I fish all over Pa and I travel to Montana almost every summer to fly fish.

I don’t carry a gun anywhere but I do carry bear spray while in Montana if I am in a grizzly country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280ack

FNG
When the Ruger LC9 came out I had a chest holster and carried it that way. The holster itself was just under the top of my waders and was not easy to spot. F&G officials were taken back when they saw it during a check. I now announce that I am carrying a pistol. I now carry a Sig P938 in the same fashion, especially with a waist pack because I ca shoot it far better than the LC9. Any LEO will tell you bad guys go to the country in increasing numbers, looking for defensless or relaxed targets. My home waters see a "tube hatch" /floatilla every weekend with fools from Boston and NYC. It sucks and id say 50% are drunk or stoned. Not a great place. When in Grizz country I have a 3" 44 carried in the same fashion. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

rbljack

WKR
Ive been working on my preferred carry's over the last few years while hunting/fishing/hiking, etc. I have my Taurus raging bull 454 with the Diamond D holster. Its primarily for the day I can take Alaska off my bucket list, but I also carry it around a few times here in texas/hog country. My next purchase was a Glock 29. I love it so far, and for those curious...yes it IS a bit snappy. Going to order some 200 grain cast bullets for it before turkey season 2019 which is getting close. I am in the process of figuring out a holster to wear with my kifaru pack. Ordering a holster from JC kustom Kydex soon. I think I may also order the holster for the glock 29 from Diamond D to go with that system as well.