Fishing destination between S ID and S UT?

Just brainstorming here. I live in S Utah and my best friend lives in S Idaho. If we had 4 days to meet up for a fishing trip, where would we have the best trip and what time of year? I am thinking someplace that is about equal distance from each of us. However, I am willing to drive a bit more than he usually is. It seems like kind of a dead area for great fishing. Or am I missing someplace? Neither of us owns a boat. He fly fishes but I do not. We would not have a problem renting a boat if that would make the trip. Time frame would be between now and the end of the year to burn some vacation left over.

IdahoElk

WKR
Just brainstorming here. I live in S Utah and my best friend lives in S Idaho. If we had 4 days to meet up for a fishing trip, where would we have the best trip and what time of year? I am thinking someplace that is about equal distance from each of us. However, I am willing to drive a bit more than he usually is. It seems like kind of a dead area for great fishing. Or am I missing someplace? Neither of us owns a boat. He fly fishes but I do not. We would not have a problem renting a boat if that would make the trip. Time frame would be between now and the end of the year to burn some vacation left over.
What town does he live in?

IdahoElk

WKR
-Salmon Falls creek reservoir for trout, smallmouth and walleye.
-Stream fishing below American Falls reservoir dam on the snake river.
- CJ Strike
-Malad in Hagerman
-Snake river in Hagerman
Not really much in-between SLC and Twin?

Where is half way? Utah County somewhere?

You have Jordanelle, Strawberry, Causey, Deer Creek, scofield etc. i would rent or buy a little pontoon boat and fish out of one or two of those. They are a blast.

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
You have Jordanelle, Strawberry, Causey, Deer Creek, scofield etc. i would rent or buy a little pontoon boat and fish out of one or two of those. They are a blast.
So it's not Ok to give hunting help on elk units but it's OK to list specific fishing waters on an open forum?!? Shame on you! Those places are gonna be blown out now. LOL!

So it's not Ok to give hunting help on elk units but it's OK to list specific fishing waters on an open forum?!? Shame on you! Those places are gonna be blown out now. LOL!
The fact that you don’t understand the difference isn’t that surprising to me. But, you were part of the inspiration for this thread. Its a safe place for special individuals like you to go spew honey hole info. You are welcome!!!

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
The fact that you don’t understand the difference isn’t that surprising to me. But, you were part of the inspiration for this thread. Its a safe place for special individuals like you to go spew honey hole info. You are welcome!!!

Thank you! I am honored that you have let me rent space in your head and all it took was my willingness to help someone out. Shame on you.

OP
MuleyFever
What about a backpack trip to the Unitas? Worth the effort? Honestly I’d be in for the camping trip alone but catching fish would be fun.

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
There are quite a few good rivers/streams in the Uintas. I mainly fly fish so that’s all I can help with. If that’s what you guys are planning on doing, I’d call a local fly shop. Most shops will point you in the right direction without giving anything top secret away. After that, scout the area on OnX or Google maps. I did all the above when I was in SLC over the summer for a work trip.

Trust your gut and you’ll find fish. It worked for me. :)

Attachments

• 93EFE5DB-56EC-4B94-A925-4843F5971187.jpeg
    93EFE5DB-56EC-4B94-A925-4843F5971187.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 5

CorbLand

WKR
What about a backpack trip to the Unitas? Worth the effort? Honestly I’d be in for the camping trip alone but catching fish would be fun.
My cousin is a big fly fisher and he does a trip into the Unitas every year to fish it. He loves it and always has tons of pictures.