Fishing near Alcova, WY. Info needed

Djacker

WKR
Hey guys,

I'll be hunting antelope near Alcova the 1st few days of Oct. Ive heard fishing is good around the area. Ill be fishing from shore with spinning gear, dont have a fly rod. I have no idea how to fish trout, what type of bait/ lure do you use? I fish in my home state of MN often, ive got gear for walleyes and panfish mostly. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

BuzzH

WKR
Going to be a "spot burner"...caught these in Pathfinder a couple years ago.

I like to pitch 1/8-3/8 ounce jigs, they catch everything. This day I caught a pretty decent brown trout, a good walleye and about all the rainbows you could want. Almost got tired of catching bows, probably landed 20 in an hour, all from shore. Orange, yellow, black, and sometimes white are my favorite colors. Chartreuse and bright green are OK too.

I snap the jigs pretty hard if the fish are somewhat aggressive and also to keep them out of the rocks. Once in a while they seem to prefer to hit them just being reeled in slowly and a "twitch" every once in a while.

Hardware, mepps spinners, Thomas lure's, crocodiles (hammered brass with the orange stripe) all work well too.

Bait, lots of folks fish crawlers on the bottom with marshmallows.

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be a "spot burner"...caught these in Pathfinder a couple years ago.

I like to pitch 1/8-3/8 ounce jigs, they catch everything. This day I caught a pretty decent brown trout, a good walleye and about all the rainbows you could want. Almost got tired of catching bows, probably landed 20 in an hour, all from shore. Orange, yellow, black, and sometimes white are my favorite colors. Chartreuse and bright green are OK too.

I snap the jigs pretty hard if the fish are somewhat aggressive and also to keep them out of the rocks. Once in a while they seem to prefer to hit them just being reeled in slowly and a "twitch" every once in a while.

Hardware, mepps spinners, Thomas lure's, crocodiles (hammered brass with the orange stripe) all work well too.

Bait, lots of folks fish crawlers on the bottom with marshmallows.

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG
What he said, I've fished that stretch too during a speedgoat hunt. Lots of access, lots of fish, lots of fun.