FitBit

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been using one since April, and I love it! Our insurance company is running a deal where they send you a free fitbit zip (the most basic model) and if we earn 1 million steps by the end of the year we earn points towards qualifying for cheaper premiums. Seemed like a no brainer to me, since these were steps I was taking anyway. I hit my million steps earlier this week, but like the fitbit so much that I plan to keep using it. Luke had one for awhile, but shortly after hitting a half million his ended up at the bottom of a frozen lake on a pack rafting trip :)

I have my fitbit synced with the myfitnesspal app so I get a more true idea of how many calories I burn thru activity each day (I have some tips if anyone decides to do this...). I find I was overestimating how much activity I was getting previously (sometimes drastically) so the fitbit helps keep me honest to myself about how many calories I am burning. I also find myself more motivated to take the stairs or park at the back end of the lot when I am running errands. It's fun to watch the steps add up.

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's cool it syncs with myfitnesspal.

Yep, might be my favorite feature. I set my activity level as sedentary on myfitnesspal though, so it looks for my activity based on the fitbit. Otherwise I wasn't getting credit for my activity and the fitbit is more accurate gauge of how active you are than the (sedentary, moderate, very etc) way myfitnesspal does it.

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a fitbit one last night. I wanted it to track my fitness routine and this one is tracking my sleep patterns as well. I always knew that I had a sleep problem (been on insomnia meds for 8 years) but I didnt have a way to track it. Checked it this morning to find out that I woke up 25 times last night...

Im going to give the myfitnesspal app a try. Is it that much better than the fitbit app?

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im going to give the myfitnesspal app a try. Is it that much better than the fitbit app?

Yes! Much easier to use, and the food database is huge, and you can even can barcodes of stuff!! Makes it easier to track stuff without guessing. I would highly recommend myfitnesspal over the fitbit app....