Fixed blade knife

My favorite fixed blade is a Benchmade Steep Country. My EDC knives are Buck 110s. I keep them in all our vehicles and wear in leather sheath on belt. A lot of guys like the clip knives for EDC.

ESEE

Izula is a handy skinner.

4 is a good general purpose blade but a little more than most would EDC.

bpurtz

WKR
Benchmade Hidden Canyon with G10 handle and the Kydex sheath - compact for EDC - S30V so keeps an edge.

vermeire

Lil-Rokslider
LT Wright Great Plainsman. I've used one for the last several years for basic field dressing whitetails. They make several models that will fill your needs and wants. Careful, they're addictive.

Wirrex

FNG
For edc an Esee Izula, stainless, in a custom kydex sheath. So thin in your pocket it disappears. I have gutted and partially processed several deer with the izula and victorinox boning knife in the field. That being said, My dad got me a new steep country for Xmas so that will take the izula’s place hunting.

Trial153

WKR
You have me wanting to order one of his knives. Any others you like and recommend? Also how flexible is he on handle material? Not a lot in his site.
He can do pretty much anything youd want. Micarta, G10, bone, wood...you name it Charlie can do it.
I like a bunch lol. I probably have 2 dozen from him over the years.
The necker has seen a lot of back county use as it's very light weight. I also have used an SP7 in D2 that I like a lot. So much so that i ordered a SP7HD, which is a lighter thinner blank with hollow pins.

boom

WKR
Backpack hunts or fishing trips: I keep bringing my carbon Mora Companion. Is just so light and effective. I cut the belt hook off to reduce weight further. The knife punches way above its weight class.

Beendare

WKR
Dave....bunch of threads on what everyone likes for knives if you search.

IMO, its all about the quality of the steel.....big difference between a $50 knife and a $100 [or more] knife

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a recommendation on a fixed blade knife for EDC carry/field dressing possibly.

Where will you be carrying it? That is, a wet or a dry environment? If you can, I'd recommend a 1095 Carbon Steel knife, but if you're operating in wet environments, or if you're not willing to undertake the upkeep, then stainless would be the way to go.

But 1095 is great stuff... tough as hell, holds an edge, but is still easy to sharpen in the field.

Elkhntr08

WKR
X2 on the Benchmade Saddle Mountain Skinner. Best fb knife I’ve owned. Don’t carry it for EDC, for that I have a Benchmade North For,k folding.

gdpolk

Lil-Rokslider
I make my own. It’s hard to beat a true custom where everything can be dialed in perfectly for your wants and needs.