Fixed Blade Poll

Whatcha Like? (I hope that I didn't forget any!)

• VPA/Snuffer/Snuffer Elite

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Slick Tricks, all styles

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Montec CS/Montec/Hellrazor

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Stinger/Buzzcut, 2- or 4-blade

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • QAD Exodus, either

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Terminal or Shuttle T-Locks

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Wac'Em, all styles

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
I am not going to consider an expandable...

I started this thread and had to bail. So my poll options were a little late. Sorry. At any rate, I have been doing some research and I know a lot of guys swear by the Ulmer Edge and Rage (both of which had a lot of internet ink regarding failures). A lot of guys swear by the RamCat. However, for all intents and purposes I am not including any of these three in the poll due to it being a Fixed Blade poll.

Last edited:

CaseyU

WKR
Montec. And pairing blazer vanes with montecs is like shooting lazer beams for me

Last edited:

vcb

WKR
Standard insert thread.....slick trick standard 1"

Deep 6....I want to try two..I have on order a pack of "solid" broadheads and also the quad exodus.

littlebuf

Banned
love the shuttle T's 125gr. they hit exactly like my field points. one of the big reasons ive not bought a new bow in the last 5 years is how incredibly well tuned mine is with these broad heads.

All of the heads mentioned above will do the job and fly well if your bow is tuned. I really like VPA 3-blades. They are super tough and sharpen easily.

Tdiesel

Lil-Rokslider
shooting slick trick standards here and have had good luck with them but most these days fly well if your tuned correctly

Im a magnus stinger fan. Havent seen much need to "experiment" with something new in the twelve or so years ive been shooting em.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Has anyone ever done any long distance accuracy testing? That is assuming that the individual broadhead, arrow and bow combination are all tuned well.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Never have got to test them on big-game but that'll change this season! :) But I really like my terminal-t, fly better than any others I have tried and are alot sharper than any of the other heads I have tried as well... Don't see myself switching anytime soon. And when I'm shooting good I have gotten good groups out to 80 yards...

I used to only shoot Slick Tricks...till I tried the Exodus. They have the best balance of cut size (1 1/4"), flight, ferrule strength, edge retention, and penetration of any head I have shot. They are similar in design to the Ramcats, but they are way, way, way more durable. I have shot more than a dozen different animals with them, and they are almost always read to be used again after being found.

I just tested the Deep Six Exodus last week. I shot three hogs with the same head, without any resharpening. The head still looks like it just came out of the package.

Attachments

• 403384_501214376577675_1979317461_n.jpg
    403384_501214376577675_1979317461_n.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 34

Craig4791

WKR
I am shooting Slick trick Mags, I was testing the new 125Gr full blade Exodus head and they were great flying heads and built like a tank but even the Full blade model is illegal in some states so i had to let them go.

Slick Tricks are the sharpest BH's i have ever seen and fly very well.

bowuntr

WKR
Muzzy for the past 20 years... absolutely no reason to go shopping for another broadhead....

BTW... I would never, never shoot the same broadhead at a second or third animal without changing blades or resharpening... Ed F

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Shuttle T, I have tried others but always go back to them. I think I am done experimenting.

BTW... I would never, never shoot the same broadhead at a second or third animal without changing blades or resharpening... Ed F

Gotta do it, a broadhead can never be too sharp.