Fixed blade tuning problems.

OR Archer

WKR
I had a chance to shoot for a few minutes. I adjusted my rest to the left and got my broadheads to hit center but my field points went same distance left of center. Guess I need to put it in the press!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rest movement for broadheads is toward their poi not away. That’s why there was no change in relation to your field point. That said your tune is definitely off and recentering your rest and using the top hats to tune is your real first step to good broadhead flight.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Rest movement for broadheads is toward their poi not away. That’s why there was no change in relation to your field point. That said your tune is definitely off and recentering your rest and using the top hats to tune is your real first step to good broadhead flight.

So for future reference your saying I would have needed to move my rest to the right if my heads impacted right? I’m trying to make sense of it! Lol

OR Archer

WKR
Yes. Broadheads hitting right is a sign of a tail left reaction. That’s why you would move the rest right.

Trial153

WKR
So for future reference your saying I would have needed to move my rest to the right if my heads impacted right? I’m trying to make sense of it! Lol

Broad head impact and bare shaft impact will be inverse to your paper tear.
Left tear will show broad head and barehaft impact to the right.(move the rest to the right)

Right tear will have broadheads and bare shaft impacting to the left.(move the rest to the right)

Marble

WKR
I won't go so far to say that the arrow will tune out of the bow, but properly tuned it should. That is a should...I am thinking it is fairly oversoinwd too. But it shouldn't be horrible at 30.

If I have an issue like yours I start from zero and check everything on the bow to make sure everything is set.

Check timing...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk