Fixed blades for elk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot basically same setup (same bow) but with a little heavier total arrow weight around 515 grains. Love the way the 125gr Magnus black hornets shoot out of the bow and the damage they deliver. I have also had really good performance from the Slick Trick standards at 100gr.

A couple people have mentioned Montecs, but there are more fixed, one piece three blade broadheads out there. Muzzy just came out with one. I just ordered some 125g VPA non-vented (they’ll never hear me coming). I am also intrigued by the Annihilator and OzCut heads. Especially the OzCut Hurricane.

ChrisWash

FNG
Keep in mind the swept blade QAD can be considered as a barbed point, so if your state says no to that, then full blade is the only answer. I don't think either fly or penetrate different enough to matter.

I like vipertricks, QAD, and Wasp Drone. Nothing wrong with Montec though.

The way to get broadheads shooting well is two fold: a tuned setup with properly spined arrow, and the broadhead must spin true. Get both of those right, and any broadhead will shoot well.

Jeremy
Can vouch for the above broad heads all great shooters!

406unltd

WKR
I wouldn’t mess with any of those replaceable blade heads unless you absolutely have to. I’ve killed with them but they are inferior in my opinion vs high end heads constructed of better steel with tighter tolerance, and much better durability. Superior heads that are resharpenable are VPA which aren’t super expensive, iron Will is another, Valkyrie blood eagle, a couple from ozcut are resharpenable and look good, and that annihilator looks decent too. I’m sure there are others I’m missing.

Had anyone used bone broadheads? I recently ordered some and waiting to give them a try.
What about the small tooth of the arrow 4 blades? They seem so small but shoot so well!

mtnkid85

WKR
Had anyone used bone broadheads? I recently ordered some and waiting to give them a try.
What about the small tooth of the arrow 4 blades? They seem so small but shoot so well!
I run the bones with my longbow. They are a quality little head, they shoot well too. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shoot anything yet though.

QAD Exodus is tough to beat. Groups with my field points at 80+. My buddy shot an elk frontal and arrow disappeared. We found the arrow/broadhead completely intact while cleaning and it looked brand new. Shaving sharp still. Elk made it 50 yds. I shot two bucks with them during deer season and they went a grand total of 50yds between both of them. That’s 3 animals dead within 100yds!! I can’t imagine needing anything else out of a broadhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk