Fixed or folding stock for lightweight .308

Hnthrdr

WKR
So a great deal on a .308 pistol popped up and I bit. It has a 12.5 inch barrel currently but will be re-barreled to a 16 in barrel. It has a 1913 pic rail on the back of the chassis. My question is do any folks out there with chassis rifles with a similar attachment use a side folder or did you get a buffer adapter/fixed 1913 stock? Would love to hear good and bad about either. Thought the folder would be cool, but with an adjustable mil-spec stock it will still be a compact package. Right now I have a side folder, but I am leaning towards an xlr buttstock or an Ultradyne. (Doesn’t have a stock since the 16” barrel has not been installed yet). In its final form it will wear a 3-9 credo and an omega siCo suppressor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 41
Folding stock would just about always be heavier due to the hinge and locking piece. That I’ve noticed anyhow

OP, I just snagged the exact same chassis (Christensen MPP without barreled action) and mine came with the folding SB Tactical brace. What direction did you end up going, fixed or folding? I gotta say, this is a fine chassis, and with pistol braces OK again, keeping it as a pistol wouldn't be bad option.

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
OP, I just snagged the exact same chassis (Christensen MPP without barreled action) and mine came with the folding SB Tactical brace. What direction did you end up going, fixed or folding? I gotta say, this is a fine chassis, and with pistol braces OK again, keeping it as a pistol wouldn't be bad option.
I ended mounting a solid adjustable stock via a 1913 to buffer tube adapter and an American Battle Arms 6 position adjustable stock, it is great. Light weight, works great with a bolt gun, the stocks have a bad rap on semi autos since the charging handle will contact the adjustable cheek piece, no issue with a bolt though. Let me see if I can dig up a pic of it all assembled

Also to note 12.5 barrel was removed and a 16.25 was added so it is not an SBR, have shot it a bit, so far it shoots 178 eld-m at about an 1” I’ll try some 165’s but in reality it’s about a 450 yard rifle and in. Really fun little package especially suppressed

Last edited:
Very cool. The older I get, the more I like short rifles and barrels, especially with suppressors. They're so easy to pack.

What did you do with the .308 pistol barrel? That one of the few rounds capable of performing well at that length.

OP
Hnthrdr

Hnthrdr

WKR
Very cool. The older I get, the more I like short rifles and barrels, especially with suppressors. They're so easy to pack.

What did you do with the .308 pistol barrel? That one of the few rounds capable of performing well at that length.
I still have it, I’d consider selling it. It’s a brand new CA carbon fiber barrel, PM if interested