Fjällräven Lappland Hybrid Pants beginning review

I would like to share my experience so far with a pair of pants I love.

I have had them for about 6 weeks now, and have worn them probably 30 total days, including 9 days overnight in the Woods and several day trips, as well as work around the house. I live in the woods so I guess anytime I am outside, I am in the woods.

I wanted to try these as they are the most "active" of fjällrävens hunting line, based on the Keb pants. For anyone with Keb familiarity, think Keb but much much quieter.

The pants have stretch panels around the hips and just over the back of the knees. In all sorts of movements they feel incredibly comfortable and limit no mobility, despite being quite a heavy garment.

The bottom of the legs are reinforced with cordura, for durability's sake. Time will only tell.

The rest of the fabric is G-1000 SILENT. And let me say, they are very, very quiet. The only other pant I have used that is from one of the few hunting brands oft discussed here is the Kryptek Ragnar, of which this knocks it out of the park in terms of noise level. Also in terms of water repellency and comfort, though the Ragnar pant is lighter.

The bottoms at the hems have an adjustment strap and a hook to connect to boot laces, which is mandatory for me. I often wear gaiters, but not always. I hate flared bottoms, so it is nice to have something that stays in place.

The fit is loose and comfortable, but not baggy. I wear a size 30r (US) And with a kifaru belt, they hold up just fine.

Zippered vents on the side of the legs are nice for letting out heat, although they stupidly dont have mesh, which is a problem here in sweden (where these were designed) for summertime because flying biting bugs are a real problem.

The pockets are roomy and comfortable, good for clipping a knife and holding a map and compass.

During this season, I have paired these with a merino bottom, and have been comfortable temperature wise. The leg zips are great for dumping heat when moving with a pack.

The knees accomadate a generic work wear knee pad which is great and how I wear them.

All in all, incredibly comfortable, I feel like I made a great purchase, even if it was expensive. Being of Swedish design, they are built for durability and feel (typically swedishly) overbuilt. Think of other brands and you know what I mean: hilleberg, haglofs, lundhags, primus.

All in all, I think these pants are great for mid to late season use and should last a long time. Very comfortable and functional and very quiet. This is nothing like the Keb or vidda pro trouser g-1000. G-1000 silent is nearly silent.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

OP
S
Some pictures
a02b10620be68de2f5bb32799bc84634.jpg
3dfd6a8eeb086fc67e5a8ecd631f3ae5.jpg
72d5d680c21cfa83aaa87746a89f7ada.jpg

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk