FL Aerowool vs midweight neck gaiter

setch

WKR
I'm trying to get a feel for the difference between the two, how light the aerowool is and how heavy/warm the midweight is. Anyone have both and able to offer a comparison under real-life conditions?

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
My mid weight gets in Monday, I can have a test for you on Wednesday after my hike. Forecast will be for high 20s to low 30s, hopefully there will be a decent amount of wind (10mph or so) to give it a better test. I am hoping it’s not too warm as I bought it for use in the 30s to 50s primarily.

I wear Aerowool for hot weather hunting (early archery) but once the temps drop I prefer heavier options like KUIU blends.

OP
S

setch

WKR
My mid weight gets in Monday, I can have a test for you on Wednesday after my hike. Forecast will be for high 20s to low 30s, hopefully there will be a decent amount of wind (10mph or so) to give it a better test. I am hoping it’s not too warm as I bought it for use in the 30s to 50s primarily.

That would be great. I as well am trying to understand 'how warm' it is...in general, but in relation to the aerowool.

OP
S

setch

WKR

Krieg, were you ever able to compare the two and can you offer input on difference/how suitable one would be over the other?

I have the midweight and youd be suprised how breathable it is. Its def warm but lightweight. I have not used the aerowool version.