FL Corrugate, Sawtooth, or Catalyst?

I’m looking at investing in some gear to use for bowhunting next year. I’m interested in stalk and treestand hunting. Wondering how durable these jackets are and noise level. Layering won’t be a problem. Just want something that will last walking through brush and such. Any advice is appreciated. I’m 6’1” 240 lbs

ChrisAU

WKR
For a durable outer, the Corrugate Guide for sure. Love mine. Not warm at all though, I'll wear it over a light merino base down to about 55*, below that I'll need something between them for stationary hunting.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
For a durable outer, the Corrugate Guide for sure. Love mine. Not warm at all though, I'll wear it over a light merino base down to about 55*, below that I'll need something between them for stationary hunting.

I love my corrugate guide pants. Like you said, little to no insulation but man they’re crazy comfortable with 4 way stretch and light soft material, and surprisingly tough. Definitely my go to for warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbwright

WKR
I’m looking at investing in some gear to use for bowhunting next year. I’m interested in stalk and treestand hunting. Wondering how durable these jackets are and noise level. Layering won’t be a problem. Just want something that will last walking through brush and such. Any advice is appreciated. I’m 6’1” 240 lbs
I’d say the guide for early bow season. It’s rugged, but just know it’s super light weight, similar to a windbreaker, and relatively quiet. Especially for briars/brush. Catalyst is good too, I think it’s quieter, but to me it’s that “in between” jacket you’d buy to later underneath for mid season down to 50 or so with a later underneath. For sizing, you’re probably pushing xL, but I might be off. -anyone have a thought for fit? Also, I don’t have the sawtooth but I’ve heard mixed reviews because of the layout of material in the chest vs the back (built more to wear when backpacking). I think the chest is the catalyst soft shell material too (which is very quiet). The sawtooth is merino, and I’ll tell you (which I’m sure you know) merino is delicate-which is why I would say if your primary application is on the move, and you’ll run into some branches/thorns, I don’t think I’d recommend anything with merino (such as the sawtooth). Could be wrong and others may have different views