FL Furnce as NTS base?

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Want to pull trigger on Furnace set, but want as a next to skin base. Is anyone runnin these as a base, Nate at FL said it may b too rough but I read otherwise in the forums here. Some say its fine for next to skin, let me know your thoughts. Thinking maybe I should try the WoolX 400 stuff. FLs heaviest NTS is the kiln at 250, I wanted heavier for stationary sits wo bunch of layers.

H80Hunter

WKR
I’ve used it next to skin with no issues...maybe if you compared back and forth you’d prefer something else but it’s totally workable next to skin. I often wear a wick tee under the top and then the furnace over that. On the bottom I’ll wear the furnace next to skin. Between boxers and boot socks the bottoms aren’t really next to that much skin...

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used it next to skin with no issues...maybe if you compared back and forth you’d prefer something else but it’s totally workable next to skin. I often wear a wick tee under the top and then the furnace over that. On the bottom I’ll wear the furnace next to skin. Between boxers and boot socks the bottoms aren’t really next to that much skin...
Sold, lol. Thnx man, placing an order now. And I won't be walking very much at all in them.

I wear too and bottom both next to skin all the time for big game and waterfowl under waders. No problems at all on roughness. I actually like the brushed fleece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Ty gentlemen, ordered a set and some other stuff. First FL purchase excited to get it lol. Gonna order some KUIU hats n gloves and Sitka shell. Torn between Inc or Fan jckt. Getting lots of rain in PA this season.

Michael54

WKR
Ty gentlemen, ordered a set and some other stuff. First FL purchase excited to get it lol. Gonna order some KUIU hats n gloves and Sitka shell. Torn between Inc or Fan jckt. Getting lots of rain in PA this season.
Tell me about it. Im to the point where its get soaked by the rain or keep the rain off me and sweat to death here in indiana county 🤣. Either way when i stop walking it gets cold quick lol

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Fayette County for a yr now, up on the mtn. Sat 5hrs this am drizzle turned to rain.

bat-cave

WKR
I just used it last week as my base layer (top and bottom) and I believe they are crazy comfortable. ordered a second set in fact!

I don't think you will be disappointed. I have the 150, 250 and 350 sets and I seem to get the most use out of the furnace. I wear the shirt day to day, very comfortable

Shraggs

WKR
Yep great next to skin as long as your not sweating. They won’t wick as well as lighter stuff.

if that is case I use a thin thermasilk under which wicks as well as synthetic.