fl sanctuary or Sitka fanatic

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the sanctuary set this year and was very happy with it (I should've purchased it years ago!). I used it from 30*F to low teens and was never cold with minimal layering underneath. For North central MN Rifle season (Nov 9th -24th) I didn't even have to wear the bibs for my evening sits. It's a very well thought out set as far as zippers, pockets, and the shooters cuff. It was way better than I expected.

Not Vegan

FNG
Been in the Sanctuary for 2 years now and this is my take. First off the camo ( I have Fusion ) can not be beat! To me this pattern is a winner with any season or climate. When discussing the said two company's I think Sitka really drops the ball on camo but that's me. Second when it comes to whitetails quiet is king and we all know that. The Sanc is as quiet as you can get I think. Even at sub 0* temps it will allow you to move undetected. With that said I know the Fanatic will hold up to puncture and flat out abuse better. So you have a little trade off there. Third the Sanc fits so well and let's you move to jump the creek, cross the fence, and get in the stand I need to stress this here! With all that I think there is a big point to a whitetail line that needs addressed now. The Sanc does not block wind much. It will slow it down sure but at 10* with a 10mph wind you will not care about how quiet or how good the camo is. You will be to cold to care about chit haha. The Fanatic blocks the wind so much better. So take it for what it is, if it's not windy go FL. If it's windy most the time go Sitka.

Werner

FNG
I have fanatic series but don't think you could really go wrong with either. I think the new fanatic line has different fabric that is less likely to pickup burrs in certain areas.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
As far as the patterns go. The First Lite patterns look great up in a tree, and on the ground. Good contrast and colors. The elevated ii berber looks outstanding up in a tree from the ground up. But if you're on the ground you're like a glowing beacon. I have more confidence in my concealment sitting in the fanatic system up in a tree than any system I've ever hunted in. The berber fleece seems to give your appearance some depth and even in late season when the deer are always on edge and the trees are totally bare, I dont get picked out at all

brock6212

FNG
I haven’t owned the fanatic, but handled it. Seemed legit, but would definitely be a mess with better lice.

i had the sanctuary. The material is the same as the stretchy cuff material on other first lite jackets. It doesn’t seem to be very durable to me, so I ditched it. That said, it was very comfortable, and warm. It’s bette than the solitude in my opinion.

nal5080

FNG
I have the First Lite Sanctuary set. It is warm and very comfortable. It is no durable so it needs to be packed in to hunt.

If you haven’t heard of an IWOM you should check it out. It is the most comfortable I have ever been in cold weather. Also it’s super nice how lightly you can dress underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajvandenbosch8

Lil-Rokslider
I have the sanctuary currently and had the fanatic and I wouldn’t go back... not that the fanatic isn’t great because it is just to me the sanctuary was warmer and less restrictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used both jacket. Sold my Sanctuary and went back to the Fanatic. For me the Fanatic is warmer and I didn’t like how the dollar/hood attaches on the sanctuary. Constantly had to tuck the collar under my bino harness to get out of the way.

DMooch

FNG
After reading way too many threads on this, it seems like you can't really go wrong with either.

WVBowman

FNG
I purchased a set of Sitka Fanatic last year. Hunted a lot of cold weather through the season and was grateful for it every minute. Made the cold and wind so much more tolerable which equated to more time in the stand.

This has been a great read. I used to have the fanatic and sold it and bought the Incinerator suit. I loved the fit, design and warmth of the fanatic but not the berber fleece or evII camo. The camo wasnt a crisp print on the berber fleece and if a deer locked eyes on you, they would know something wasnt quite right.

I am now missing a shell for those 40 degree type weather sits so I have been looking into the Solitude set. I am also looking at the Predator Ambush set as well. Windproofing is important to me and seems to be the biggest drawback for me when it comes to First Lite gear. I do like the look of Fusion camo though. I feel I am leaning Predator Ambush at this time.

How packable are the Sanctuary Bibs? I know they are heavy and are probably not going be real easy to pack but just wanting hear from some that has packed them for a long distance to there stand.

Mark S

FNG
can't go wrong with either. FL has better suspenders, but, Sitka has some great features

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
How packable are the Sanctuary Bibs? I know they are heavy and are probably not going be real easy to pack but just wanting hear from some that has packed them for a long distance to there stand.
They are a bit bulky to pack, I only bring them on really cold days, other times I'll just wear a lighter pair of bibs and walk in with them, but if your packing in the sanctuary jacket and bibs they take up room for sure, but with the warmth and features of them I can justify packing them in regularly

I am going either get the Incinerator bibs or the Sanctuary. Just not sure which is middle ground for being more packable and warm. I am leaning towards the Incinerator because I am sure it would take up less room but not sure if they are near as warm as the First Lite.

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
I am going either get the Incinerator bibs or the Sanctuary. Just not sure which is middle ground for being more packable and warm. I am leaning towards the Incinerator because I am sure it would take up less room but not sure if they are near as warm as the First Lite.
Yeah sorry cant help you out there, I've never even held the incinerator before, hopefully someone who has seen and or held both can chime in for ya

bcpody

FNG
I'm having a hard time deciding. Mainly because you can't find either here around home to compare or even get your hands on. Like to hear some experienced opinions please. I'm after the bibs just to be more specific. What you prefer and why. Thank you!
Thanks for starting this. It’s tough to online shop for this stuff.

Not Vegan

FNG
I don't know from experience but I'm almost positive the incinerator will be warmer with the wind blocking ability.