fl sanctuary or Sitka fanatic

Yooper

WKR
Looking for the same answers as the post. Has anybody had any trouble shooting their bow out of either jacket?

I have both. I've had no issues drawing or shooting my bow out of either of them. I will say I do prefer the sleeves in the FL more. They're a little more form fitting.

Hoytman

FNG
I have had the FL Sanctuary and the Sitka Incinerator. I had the FL Sanctuary on in a cold rain and walked out dry but 10 lbs heavier. Love the Sitka Incinerator.

SFN2821

FNG
I had the same debate when deciding on my late season system. I went with the Sanctuary. In the areas I'm chasing whitetails stickers,burrs, etc are common and I had read that the Fanatic was a magnet for those so I gave FL a try. Sanctuary is CRAZY warm and just as quiet. Ultimately, you can't go wrong with either.

Savagenut

WKR
I have tried so much gear over the last 10 years. I have not been more satisfied with the Sitka series. I love the fanatic series. I love the strata series. The strata series is surprisingly warm. And it allows you to layer under it. The fan in the attic series is awesome. Like others have stated it collects burgers quite easily. However I understand this year they are redesigning the exterior so that it’s not fleece

Scrappy

WKR
I was completely sold on my fl sanctuary jacket until this past winter. The insulation has completely failed on it. I found myself having to add layers and add layers to the point that I wound up wearing it under my fanatic jacket in single digit temps. It is now flat as a fritter. This was completely my fault now that I have been researching insulation I have learned that you can't leave synthetic insulation compressed just like down insulation. Expensive lesson learned.

Now my old fanatic jacket is still going strong and this past season I picked up a new set of fanatic bibs. I am blown away about how warm they are. I made a mistake in buying a size to large thinking I would need to add several layers under them which I don't down to below zero.

So bottom line, I have a warning for those that have the sanctuary set. Do not leave it compressed or it will fail on you.

Last edited:

rkeaton

FNG
solid thread, interested in this as well. Heard great things about the Sanctuary set...

MinixJT

FNG
Fanatic is the best non-raining, cold weather stand hunting gear I've put on. I'd compare the Sanctuary to Incinerator. I do not think they're a bad choice here but I'm partial to Sitka for white tail gear for mix and matching different parts of the system pending on weather.
Also it's easy to shoot a bow w/ the Fanatic

Out if every piece of hunting clothing I own, the fanatic jacket is my favorite. But I have one of the slightly older ones without the super high lift fleece on the outside so not the total burr magnet. But the new ones I think they tried to fix that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Sitka hands down for fit, materials and functionality. The hand warmer pocket alone is worth it.

I’ve had both, and the Sanctuary was the clear winner. No fleece so no burs and it wasn’t 100% noise proof. The Sanctuary is the closest thing I’ve found to dead silent. I’ve worn it from 40- -20 degrees. It’s so comfortable, literally like wrapping yourself in a sound proof sleeping bag, no joke. The material is durable, silent, and so warm. Well worth the money!

Dmiller25

FNG
Only benefit to the fanatic jacket is the kangaroo pocket but for the bibs I prefer first lite. I like the camo better, it’s quieter and does not pick up burs. I feel that they are equal in terms of warmth.

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
I've run the sanctuary bibs for a few years. Hunt in Northern NY, ADKs primarily and would consider myself to have a pretty good cold tolerance. Many times my sits are dark to dark in Nov. These bibs are good bibs but with out proper layering you will not make it all day on stand below 15-20 degrees. I typically wear merino long johns, and stratus pants on the walk in, I put some down glassing pants on and then my bibs and they are comfortable all day.

I personally run gray wolf woolens now, different class of clothing altogether and you'll pay for it. As for the sanctuary bibs, i think they're very versatile, the zipper system is great, zips from your tailbone all the way to your ankle for a full vent. I like the cargo pocket design, they have an elastic band in the top of the pocket so you can stretch them out and load them. They also have a more secure zipper pocket right above the cargos if you want to store keys and what not. The butt has a thick DWR type finish which is nice if you ground hunt. They struggle in the snow though, especially if its wet snow. They will get water logged on long sits, they dont retain warmth well when wet either. So if you hunt in tough conditions for long periods of time, something to consider. In my mind when I put on a bib I shouldnt have to worry about wind, snow, cold, etc. Overall a solid bib though.

Rod in SC

FNG
I like the sanctuary better. Don't like the sitka elevate Camo. Seems too dark and blobs out in the tree

drtonkin

FNG
I’m going the stratus route this season for the temperature range... planning to layer under it with a hoody, schacket and uncompahgre vest.

Still trying to decide on bibs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYNick147

FNG
I do not have Sanctuary but I have Woodbury and Fanatic. Fanatic is super warm and well set up for bowhunting. But It doesn't fit me right. Woodbury is perfect and covers most of the bases in NY as far as temperature. From What i hear about the sanctuary its warmer than the Fanatic.

Ark_18

FNG
I've had my Sanctuary set-up for a couple years now and its by far the best set up I've had here in northern Wisconsin. Your definitely not going to wear it when it would be raining as its too warm for those temps I find. As others have said, its not something you walk a half mile in wearing. One night last season, I just about froze walking in, put the bibs and jacket on and within a half hour I was toasty again.