fl sanctuary or Sitka fanatic

I'm having a hard time deciding. Mainly because you can't find either here around home to compare or even get your hands on. Like to hear some experienced opinions please. I'm after the bibs just to be more specific. What you prefer and why. Thank you!

Last edited:

cvsetter

FNG
i've been using first lite stuff the last three years and like it.i use the woodbury,no experience with the sanctuary but i have the fanatic jacket also.i wanted to like that jacket just did'nt like the fit,and while i see the purpose of the off set zipper just could'nt get used to it.i did love that kangaroo pocket and it is a very warm jacket thought,more of a late season jacket than rut jacket for me.

LostArra

WKR
Adult daughter uses Fanatic (women's) and loves it. Definitely a cold weather item. She's visiting now and says off set zipper is different at first but trade off is kangaroo pocket which she really likes. I considered getting Fanatic after she got it but for old guys some things are difficult to change (old Cabelas Wooltimate jacket).

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
The fanatic series has a fleece outer layer, which I hear can pick up quite a few burrs. The sanctuary bibs are something you are going to want to pack on and put on once you are in your stand unless you are hunting below 10 degress, unless you are a cold natured person. The sanctuary is extremely warm, quiet and has some great features. One feature that a lot of people like is the rear zipper. There is a horseshoe zipper on your bottom that you can use to vent heat or unzip when nature calls without pulling all your clothing down to your boots. :)

OP
B
The fanatic series has a fleece outer layer, which I hear can pick up quite a few burrs. The sanctuary bibs are something you are going to want to pack on and put on once you are in your stand unless you are hunting below 10 degress, unless you are a cold natured person. The sanctuary is extremely warm, quiet and has some great features. One feature that a lot of people like is the rear zipper. There is a horseshoe zipper on your bottom that you can use to vent heat or unzip when nature calls without pulling all your clothing down to your boots. :)

Now that's a good rear view I mean.....review. Thanks!!!

WJS23

WKR
I have been wondering the same thing. Going to look into this one

Sanctuary is amazing! Got mine in asat and sit for whites in northern wisconsin. Blends in so well with the bare trees and snow. Hard to imaginr that pattern being effevtive until youve seen it firsthand! Best thing i can recommend is boot buddies and heated insoles.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
sanctuary 100%. The fanatic will draw in any burr within a 50 yard radius of you. All joking aside, the sanctuary is the better choice for stationary hunting in very cold weather, I have used it 2 seasons now without issue. The cuffed kangaroo pockets are very nice too especially if you're like me and dont wear gloves

DrHogfan

FNG
The sanctuary setup is super warm I sat in 13 degree temps, and duck hunted in sub 10 degree temps this past season and was comfy as could be. Only downside is the weight. I strap my insulating layers to my hang on stand for the hike in and put them on within 100 yards or so of spot. I'm going to try the uncompahgre puffy pant and Jacket this year to save on weight. Other than that I felt I could sit all day in very low temps and be comfy, and that's coming from a southerner where anything below 30 is cold for deer hunting.

Sodbuster

WKR
i chose the Sanctuary a couple years ago and really like it but as said above, pack it in.
Once you put it on you are going to stay warm.

Scrappy

WKR
I've had both and still have the FL sanctuary jacket. Never had the bibs of either. FL definitely is warmer.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the FL sanctuary system. I’ve used mine for the past 3 seasons and really like the setup. Quiet and very warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shepherd

Lil-Rokslider
I have the FL Woodbury and really like it for cold weather archery sits.

I haven't used the Sanctuary or the Sitka Fanatic but I do have a Sitka Shacket with the side zipper, which I don't like at all. Many people get used to the zipper but I haven't - too hard for me to get on.

Pezboat

WKR
If you don’t care about camo matching, I chose the sanctuary bibs with the fanatic jacket. Love both. I wear the bibs in with the leg zippers as wide open as they can go for a heat dump. Haha. Just reread that last sentence, and I mean to stay cool of course. I picked the fanatic jacket because it’s deadly quiet. And the marsupial pouch is now my favorite thing to have on an ice cold day. It will pick up burs, but since it’s too warm to wear in or out, I really don’t have an issue with that happening when the coat is in my pack. You really can’t go wrong with either. The fanatic jacket was just set up a little bit better for whitetail hunting in my opinion.

coyyota

WKR
The new stratus bibs are another option to consider. They don’t have the fleece outer like the fanatics, and aren’t as heavy weight as the sancs. Can get a wide range of temps out of them, especially if you run heavy base layer or even lite puffy pants underneath. Just another option to consider buddy.

Mitten32

WKR
Love my sanctuary bibs and and jacket. Jacket is awesome for late season bow hunts minimal bulk and very warm. I'll be wearing my set for as long as they last.

I have the sanctuary jacket and bibs. Both are WARM. I don't know where you are hunting but the sanctuary set is NOT made for eastern US briar busting. They are really quiet and soft for tree stand hunting.

*zap*

WKR
Sanctuary bibs run a size small, pretty warm and pack well. The material is not the most durable but adequate for packing in/out. The pocket layout could be better.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for the same answers as the post. Has anybody had any trouble shooting their bow out of either jacket?