FL Solitude system - compare to FL Woodbury, Sitka Fanatic, plus size question

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I've got the Sitka Fanatic bibs and Incinerator jacket and love them for my Nebraska whitetail hunt when it is incredibly cold and I have long days. I just got a note about the FL Solitude system and am interested in determining whether it is a good addition (as the Sitka pieces are HOT and I won't wear them unless it is incredibly cold). So I have the following questions:

1. I've already got the FL Woodbury jacket. Is the Solitude jacket not necessary? If there is a reason to get the Solitude, is the sizing similar?
  2. Is the Solitude system redundant to the Sitka Fanatic and Incinerator pieces I have? The description of the Solitude system *seems* like it is for less cold temps.
  3. Any idea on the Solitude bib sizing? I've got the Sitka Fanatic bibs in XL Tall and don't see a FL tall option for the Solitude system.
Thanks in advance!
Ed

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t answer your question but First Lite is running a sale on the Solitude pieces, 20% off right now

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Can’t answer your question but First Lite is running a sale on the Solitude pieces, 20% off right now
That’s what prompted my inquiry. FWIW, FL answered the 1st and 3rd of my questions. (Woodbury is often considered redundant as it was replaced by the Solitude jacket, and the Sitka sizing differs,)

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 5'9 190 and large solitude bibs fit like a glove. It's for warmer temps for sure. I will caution that wind cut through the bibs pretty bad for me. The jacket was much better than the bibs but the jacket was bulky I thought.
If you have Woodbury jacket there is no reason to get the jacket.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm 5'9 190 and large solitude bibs fit like a glove. It's for warmer temps for sure. I will caution that wind cut through the bibs pretty bad for me. The jacket was much better than the bibs but the jacket was bulky I thought.
If you have Woodbury jacket there is no reason to get the jacket.
Agree. The wind cuts right through them so keep that in mind. I have a pair that I don’t use to much, but thought they’d be warmer than they were, so probably fit what you are looking for.

I swapped my Woodbury jacket for the solitude last year to get more room to layer underneath. They made some nice tweaks, but I wouldn’t say it is such an upgrade to make it worthwhile, apart from my desire to size up. I think the fit is about the same as the Woodbury but don’t have the same sized garments to compare.

I am 6’3” and my XXL bibs have plenty of length.

for temps I used mine from 50 down to 20* last year. Low temps require some layers. I don’t own the fanatic, but I suspect the solitude is not as warm without some layers. Definitely less warm than an incinerator.

I was on the fence between Sitka and the solitude last year. At the end of the day, I think both are excellent. IMO the big advantage of Sitka was the wind resistance. The first lite was far more versatile and slightly less expensive. I have used my solitude / Woodbury for deer stands, still hunts, duck, pheasant and rabbit. The Sitka coats could work but they are far more task specific designs for stand hunting.

arrow179

WKR
I had the Solitude set (jacket and bibs) and sold them. If you've been happy with the Fanatic and Incinerator set then I would add the Sitka Stratus for earlier in the season. They have windstopper unlike the FL.

tonedover

FNG
I've got the Sitka Fanatic bibs and Incinerator jacket and love them for my Nebraska whitetail hunt when it is incredibly cold and I have long days. I just got a note about the FL Solitude system and am interested in determining whether it is a good addition (as the Sitka pieces are HOT and I won't wear them unless it is incredibly cold). So I have the following questions:

1. I've already got the FL Woodbury jacket. Is the Solitude jacket not necessary? If there is a reason to get the Solitude, is the sizing similar?
  2. Is the Solitude system redundant to the Sitka Fanatic and Incinerator pieces I have? The description of the Solitude system *seems* like it is for less cold temps.
  3. Any idea on the Solitude bib sizing? I've got the Sitka Fanatic bibs in XL Tall and don't see a FL tall option for the Solitude system.
Thanks in advance!
Ed

i used to run the Woodbury -i dont care what anyone says, the wind gets through it. The solitude was a direct replacement for it but i went to sitka.

(You arent asking but the fanatic jacket is miles away better than my woodbury was. Warmer and true windstopper. )

I run the stratus pant with the fanatic vest and layers until it gets to bib and full jacket weather.

IMO if u have the woodbury, there really isnt a reason to get the solitude in my mind. Continue looking at solitude bib but also look at stratus bottoms.

resurrecting an old thread - I am 5' 10" and roughly 160-165 lbs. Would you recommend going with a L jacket and M bibs? or L in both?