FL solitude vs sanctuary jacket

What are your thoughts on the two? Which do you like better?
Is the sanctuary that much warmer then the solitude ?

worth investing in both?

hunting in Eastern NY mostly tree stand. Temps sometimes see single digits

Sanctuary is much warmer. Solitude will allow for some layering, but is slimmer cut than sanctuary. Solitude is better designed as well. I have both. If I did not have sanctuary, I would push solitude to 20 degrees, but that would include heavy baselayers and uncompahgre pants and jacket underneath, which is a tight fit. Windy conditions will also force you into Sanctuary. If you're facing temps regularly below 30 start with Sanctuary bibs when building kit, you can push them into 40's if you carry them in or unzipped.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I have the solitude set. I love alot about it but it's not for windy conditions at all. The bibs fit so good and pocket layout is fantastic on both bibs and jacket. Love the safety harness pass through. Legs don't ride up with the bibs. Side zippers and the front pouch is the most handy pocket I've used. Also pockets on the bibs are in front of the legs so when u sit it's easy access. Sanctuary isn't like that at all with no front pouch and side pockets. With all that in mind, if it's windy you're gonna feel it. Now you could run some windproof pants and be fine probably. I felt the wind in my legs and not through the jacket. Depending on layers you probably could get by with solitude. Just have a dedicated wind layer at least on your legs.

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have experience with either, but I have the woodbury. Unfortunately it’s discontinued, but it would fall in between the two. It’s the best jacket I’ve had for treestand and duck hunting in Illinois. Not exactly wind proof, but it has to be blowing pretty good to feel it. Might be able to find one in the classifieds.

I have a Woodbury jacket and Solitude bibs. They don't make the Woodbury anymore, but it falls in between in the Solitude and Sanctuary in terms of insulation. For single digits, i'd definitely want more than the Solitude. Layered properly the Woodbury could get you to single digits. I love mine. If you don't mind buying used, I've seen a few Woodburys for sale on here. Could save you a few bucks.

Agross

WKR
Absolutely love my Woodbury, for late bow season and gun season when it's colder. I've never had a problem feeling the wind while wearing it. Love the fit and its quiet

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I dont see why they dont offer any windproof at all. Wind resistant but not windproof. I LOVE the fusion pattern but I may look at sitka again. Wasnt a fan of the elevated but at least the wind wont cut it like buttter

I wouldn't be concerned with the sanctuary with wind but I wouldn't buy the solitude if wind is a concern.

I would take the sanctuary over top of sitka incinerator or fanatic as it was quieter and as warm as the incinerator but less bulky and better fit (for me at least).

If sitka relaunches the stratus with insulation like the solitude but still windproof I would buy it immediately.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
It almost seems like FL is a jack of all trades but a master of none. Sitka being known for whitetail treestand and Kuiu for mountain/west hunting. FL trying to excel in both but missing the mark at least in the whitetail line as far as wind goes. I mean if youre in a stand exposed to the elements. I

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't be concerned with the sanctuary with wind but I wouldn't buy the solitude if wind is a concern.

I would take the sanctuary over top of sitka incinerator or fanatic as it was quieter and as warm as the incinerator but less bulky and better fit (for me at least).

If sitka relaunches the stratus with insulation like the solitude but still windproof I would buy it immediately.
I know for a fact they are discontinuing the stratus line. I spoke with a rep and he stated what was coming out was amazing and it is replacing the stratus so im hopeful thats for sure. I just want some nice windproof options that are light both top and bottom. Hell where I hunt it maybe 45 degrees but wind blowing constant.

notacos4u

FNG
I have the sanctuary and also the previous Woodbury.... I love the sanctuary.... it’s super warm and I also hunt in eastern NY... I own the Woodbury, and still have the tags on it, btw, the solitude replaced the Woodbury

Is the sanctuary wind proof?

Neither is windproof. I had a sanctuary and it never got cold enough for me to really need it in NY and PA. I swapped it out for a set of solitudes this year and they worked great. Comfort zone for me was about 20* with some layers underneath up to 50* with just the jacket. If I hunt colder than 20* I will layer puffy pants and a puffy jacket under so I went up a size on top and bottom. That turned out quite well because I can haul the solitudes to the stand and then put them on before I sit.

If you want windproof look at sitka. Probably the fanatic is the closest to then solitude. I almost went that route but opted for first lite. I think both are great but I wanted something that was a little more versatile than just stand hunting deer. I can see using the solitude for waterfowl and upland if it is cold.