FL Solo Hunter - Lemhi Zone, Idaho

I am from Florida, and am heading out to Idaho at the end of the week for a 10-day solo hunt. I have Google Earth scouted quite a bit, but have not set foot in this zone. I wanted to check in with the folks here to see if anyone had any advice to share (particularly crowded areas to avoid, roads not accessible by truck, etc.). I am looking to work my tail off, with the goal of having an opportunity at a legal elk. Also, if anyone is going to be out that way during the same timeframe, it would be great to touch base.

Last edited:

jakee25

FNG
I've been considering an Idaho hunt, and the Lemhi zone appealed to me because I could get in and out with an otc tag before my fall 2020 semester started. Could you share some details about how your hunt went?

If you don’t hear back Jake from the OP my $.02 would be to contact the regional wildlife biologist for the corresponding region the Lemhi Zone falls under.

jakee25

FNG
If you don’t hear back Jake from the OP my $.02 would be to contact the regional wildlife biologist for the corresponding region the Lemhi Zone falls under.

That sounds like a great idea. If I do make a trip out there this year or the next, I'll be sure to do that for whichever zone/state I choose. Thank you!

WIarrow

FNG
Lemhi has good elk numbers, and ... plenty of hunting pressure. Google earth is your best friend. Much of the zone is open country - easy to see them and hard to put arrows in them. Archery only area and little/no pressure from wolves.

jakee25

FNG
Lemhi has good elk numbers, and ... plenty of hunting pressure. Google earth is your best friend. Much of the zone is open country - easy to see them and hard to put arrows in them. Archery only area and little/no pressure from wolves.

Thanks for the tip! In my mind Idaho=wolves/lions so it's nice to not have to worry about that variable