Flagship VS Non Pros/Cons???

So a couple yrs ago I bought my lady an bowtech fuel. And she really likes it.
Over last 2 summers shes probably shot 5k arrows and is decent to 50 and pulls 54 lbs.
Takes he Kifaru to gym w sandbag. Missed a bull in backcountry 😭
Anyways it has a Rush 5 pin and it's time for new strings and a drop away.
Shes worked hard enough I'm considering just buying a new flagship of whatever she wants. Although she has no complaints w the fuel. It stays in tune super well.

Were not exactly flush w money.
But what real advantages would she gain with a flagship bow???

She helps pack meat on her birthday too.
20170912_111043.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Realistically, she won't "gain" anything. If she likes the bow and shoots it well, that will inspire confidence far more than a $1000 bow will. I would spend the money on the new rest, strings, and maybe a sight.

I missed the first 2 elk I shot at, it had nothing to do with the bow. I have nerve of jello and probably shouldn't hunt. this year after I let the arrow fly I couldn't tell you if I hit him or where the bull ran after I shot, nothing but he ran 400 yards and piled up. It should be extremely exciting or why are we out their.

jmez

WKR
You will gain about 20 fps in speed moving up to a Flagship bow. A little more riser stiffness which she may or may not notice. Depending which bow you would go with you are also probably going to increase the mass weight of the bow, that could be a big deal for a female shooter.

OP
BRTreedogs
Thanks gents.
I dont think there enough benefit to spend the money.
She already pulls more then most women.
If it was heavier then she have to carry it.
I think a qad to get the arrow off the rest faster will improve her shooting more then anything.

PennDude

FNG
This is purely an anecdote. I shoot a Mathews DXT. It was a flagship bow, in 2008. I just replaced the 11 year old string and cables. They were in TERRIBLE condition and I probably waited longer than I should have. While waiting for the work on my bow I shot a Vertix and a Triax. Then I shot my 11 year old DXT with new string and cables. My bow had a smoother draw than the Vertix and Triax and is one full pound lighter than the Vertix. I would gain nothing but a little bit of speed if I were to spend $800 and purchase a brand new flagship bow. Not worth it in my opinion. I'd spend my money on slowly replacing components with the best you can afford, then when her bow wears out or you decide an upgrade would be warranted, you can just transfer components to the new bow.

OP
BRTreedogs
I agree. Although were always gonna have set up backup bows around next time we purchase new. I wish I hadn't sold my old bow.

I think it's really sad the culture archers create about older bows. Almost every time I went anywhere with my 10yr old bow someone would make a comment about it being ancient and when am I going to upgrade.
I had to always remind them it was a killer and the fantasy new stuff wasnt.
Her bows only 2 yrs old and now I'm getting alot of when you gonna buy her a real bow questions.
Drives me crazy.

I bought a PSE Stinger for my daughter and it is actually a pretty decent bow.

I'm seriously looking at an Obsession HB33 for my next aluminum riser bow. By most people's standard it is not a "real man's bow".

But guess what? I don't have to care!!!